[Q] Bought a Stolen Nexus 4. Now what

Search This thread

mitrals

Aug 1, 2011
Ok stupid me. I bought a Nexus 4 from a guy off craigslist. He turned the phone on and all functions worked. I didn't have the sim pin and nor did he so I was not able to insert my sim card and check. Once I got home, and put my sim card in the phone keeps deleting everything. ESN check on Swappa is clear. Now the guy does not pick up my calls texts and his phone is off. Am I stuck with a paperweight? What are the legal ramifications?

Zehlek

Ok stupid me. I bought a Nexus 4 from a guy off craigslist. He turned the phone on and all functions worked. I didn't have the sim pin and nor did he so I was not able to insert my sim card and check. Once I got home, and put my sim card in the phone keeps deleting everything. ESN check on Swappa is clear. Now the guy does not pick up my calls texts and his phone is off. Am I stuck with a paperweight? What are the legal ramifications?

Is Bootloader unlocked? Are you able to boot into bootloader and unlock with a toolkit and flash factory images?

mitrals

Aug 1, 2011
Is Bootloader unlocked? Are you able to boot into bootloader and unlock with a toolkit and flash factory images?

The phone is plain stock without any modifications. I will try and load a factory image on the phone. I just don't want the cops coming after me or someone capturing my data.

prog19

Apr 29, 2012
Unlock the bootloafer then flash factory image. Then pray for it dont be IMEI locked. Its sad when people scam us.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app

jayRokk

Jan 12, 2012
Rack City
if the ESN/IMEI checks out with swappa you don't have a paperweight. call T-Mobile and register your device.

factory reset every and if it still isn't working try installing factory images.

you're only stuck with a paperweight if its reported stolen (which only works if the phone was bought from T-Mobile directly.) or if it doesn't work whatsoever

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk