Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,636 Members 53,202 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Brick or rlod?

Tip us?

dominiqueovalle
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Brick or rlod?

please if someone see this. is it possible that the red light of death battery issue happened with 46 percent battery like 1 minute before. i was tweeting something and then it froze. i tried to press the home button and nothing happened. then it shut off and i haven't been able to put it into recovery mode or receive any feedback at all other than the red light of death. but i clearly remember checking the battery life like a minute before and saw that i had the 46 percent battery. is this defiantly the battery issue or could it be a software issue. im running stock cm 11 with the stock kernel. and whenever i try the thing where i hold the power button and volume down for a while then plug in the red light is either beeping on or off or just plain solid red.
would this fix it for sure? :http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...death-t2250454
please someone read this whole thing and help me fix this. i need to know if i can fix it or i need a new phone.i need to know before i operate on my phone

CCody
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Your link is broken, bro.
Anyway, tell me what you have done so far?

dominiqueovalle
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCody View Post
Your link is broken, bro.
Anyway, tell me what you have done so far?
sorry here http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...death-t2250454
and i havent done anything thats made a difference.
i have dont the recommended fix where i hold the power and volume for 60 seconds and plug in but no help whatsoever.
whenever i hold the power and volume buttons nothing happens.
but if i hold them and plug the phone in to charge then the red light is either flashing or solid red. it varies.
this leads me to believe its a battery issue since it only happens when i put it in to charge.
BUT im also worried its a cm11 problem because it shut down randomly. if it helps i have stock cm11 and the stock kernel. cm11 m7 i think. no nightly

CCody
Old
Thanks Meter 98
The only way to fix this 'red light of death' is to screw off your phone, pull the batterie out for some time and screw it on again. This is the only possible way, if volume down+power button+plug on charger doesnt work.
Device: Google Nexus 4
ROM: CyanogenMod 11
Kernel: matr1x