Bricked nexus 4! anyone have any ideas?

OP climhazzard1993

30th May 2014, 03:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

23 posts
Long story short:
Got my phone semi-wet, it said something about simcard, turned off and went into bootloop.
Checked the sticker in the back and it was still white.
Warranty is expired.
Battery is fine.
Phone still goes on the 4 circles bootloop so gave me hope.

Things i've tried:
Battery pull
Wug's back to stock with bootloop
Flashing another rom
Manual back to stock with fastboot
Clearing data/ cache
Charging phone overnight
Last edited by climhazzard1993; 30th May 2014 at 03:38 PM.
30th May 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 52

321 posts
But you instantly turned it off and dried it for a while prior to the other steps, right. Because if you keep it powered on even though some internals might still be wet causing a shortage.
If you clean flashed everything without errors and it still won't boot it might as well be a hardware part broken that fails to load during boot up.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
30th May 2014, 05:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxious119

But you instantly turned it off and dried it for a while prior to the other steps, right. Because if you keep it powered on even though some internals might still be wet causing a shortage.
If you clean flashed everything without errors and it still won't boot it might as well be a hardware part broken that fails to load during boot up.

yes but it gets to the 4 circles loading and the tape on the back is still white so idk if its water damaged..
30th May 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 52

321 posts
Yes, but there can still be damage even if the seal is OK. If water didn't reach the sticker obviously it won't color but that doesn't mean water didn't get anywhere else.

Its why I said. If something like this happens, even if you think it's minor, power off and dry properly so no internal components get damage due to shortage.
This might very well have happened. During the boot animation the kernel loads the OS and all the needed peripheral hardware. So if some component is damaged it might result in a bootloop because it can't be powered up and mounted into the system.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread