Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Bricked?

OP bigdaddytyty

31st March 2014, 08:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Roy
Thanks Meter: 1
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Last night when I was getting ready for bed my Nexus died and I didn't think nothing of it so I continued to get ready and eventually put it on a charger. Oh, I guess I should say it's rooted with a custom ROM (Stockified 4.4.2), Custom Franco.kernel r203, xposed framework tweaks and whatnot, the works! Anyways.. Nothing happened! It won't turn on, it won't receive a charge, no nothing! I've narrowed it down to either being bricked or the charging port suddenly stopped working. I have no idea, I was hoping that someone could gimme an idea of what's going on and hopefully some instructions to get my n4 back up and running. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Last edited by bigdaddytyty; 31st March 2014 at 08:35 PM.
31st March 2014, 09:08 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Clearwater
Thanks Meter: 35
 
223 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddytyty

Last night when I was getting ready for bed my Nexus died and I didn't think nothing of it so I continued to get ready and eventually put it on a charger. Oh, I guess I should say it's rooted with a custom ROM (Stockified 4.4.2), Custom Franco.kernel r203, xposed framework tweaks and whatnot, the works! Anyways.. Nothing happened! It won't turn on, it won't receive a charge, no nothing! I've narrowed it down to either being bricked or the charging port suddenly stopped working. I have no idea, I was hoping that someone could gimme an idea of what's going on and hopefully some instructions to get my n4 back up and running. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Does the notification light come on when you plug in the charger?
31st March 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Roy
Thanks Meter: 1
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrosetto

Does the notification light come on when you plug in the charger?

No, sir.
1st April 2014, 12:24 PM   |  #4  
RASTAVIPER's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 367
 
1,920 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Try another charger.
Also, if you own a wireless charger, try with this also.

Unleashed by my Nexus 4
1st April 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #5  
sinndissension's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
172 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Have you tried leaving it on the charger overnight?

Can you boot into fastboot/recovery?

Will it show up on a computer if you connect it?
1st April 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Roy
Thanks Meter: 1
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RASTAVIPER

Try another charger.
Also, if you own a wireless charger, try with this also.

Unleashed by my Nexus 4

Sure thing! Thanks, mate.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes