FORUMS

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

Bridge wifi and mobile data network?

54 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
By juan_carlos__007, Member on 11th January 2014, 11:45 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Ok I'm wondering if is it possible to bridge a wifi connection with my mobile data network so both work simultaneously and increase speed and also when you get home and wifi kicks in you dont lose internet access momentarily?
 
 
12th January 2014, 01:28 AM |#2  
Berrydroidcafe's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Thanks Meter: 231
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juan_carlos__007

Ok I'm wondering if is it possible to bridge a wifi connection with my mobile data network so both work simultaneously and increase speed and also when you get home and wifi kicks in you dont lose internet access momentarily?

On the first part, I'm not sure if you would be able to do that,. On the second part, if your wifi is on, it will always choose wifi automatically, if you're downloading a file. At least this is what I am lead to believe.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)
12th January 2014, 03:04 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrydroidcafe

On the first part, I'm not sure if you would be able to do that,. On the second part, if your wifi is on, it will always choose wifi automatically, if you're downloading a file. At least this is what I am lead to believe.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)

Yes but everytime you go away you loosr wifi signal and mobile network kicks in right? And vise versa. And every time it's switched from wifi to mobile network or the other way around if youre watching youtube, hearing spotify, or downloading something it cuts signal instead of smoothly transfering without losing internet access. Plus we could benefit of doubling internet speed by something like this.
12th January 2014, 03:48 AM |#4  
Berrydroidcafe's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Thanks Meter: 231
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juan_carlos__007

Yes but everytime you go away you loosr wifi signal and mobile network kicks in right? And vise versa. And every time it's switched from wifi to mobile network or the other way around if youre watching youtube, hearing spotify, or downloading something it cuts signal instead of smoothly transfering without losing internet access. Plus we could benefit of doubling internet speed by something like this.

Yes, that could happen, but there's not much you can do about that unfortunately.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)
12th January 2014, 04:27 AM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Really? That sucks, it seems something that it would get really good use of.
12th January 2014, 03:56 PM |#6  
Berrydroidcafe's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Thanks Meter: 231
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juan_carlos__007

Really? That sucks, it seems something that it would get really good use of.

It's not really a big deal with most because at the most the video you're watching or the file you are downloading will buffer for a second or two while transferring signals, which it would do normally, whether you're using wifi only, or traveling down the road, which it (buffering) will do without fail as it (signal) is passed from one tower to another. Some hand-offs are pretty rough.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes