Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Bridge wifi and mobile data network?

OP juan_carlos__007

12th January 2014, 12:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

49 posts
Ok I'm wondering if is it possible to bridge a wifi connection with my mobile data network so both work simultaneously and increase speed and also when you get home and wifi kicks in you dont lose internet access momentarily?
12th January 2014, 02:28 AM   |  #2  
Flag Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Thanks Meter: 231

1,032 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juan_carlos__007

Ok I'm wondering if is it possible to bridge a wifi connection with my mobile data network so both work simultaneously and increase speed and also when you get home and wifi kicks in you dont lose internet access momentarily?

On the first part, I'm not sure if you would be able to do that,. On the second part, if your wifi is on, it will always choose wifi automatically, if you're downloading a file. At least this is what I am lead to believe.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)
12th January 2014, 04:04 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

49 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrydroidcafe

On the first part, I'm not sure if you would be able to do that,. On the second part, if your wifi is on, it will always choose wifi automatically, if you're downloading a file. At least this is what I am lead to believe.

Yes but everytime you go away you loosr wifi signal and mobile network kicks in right? And vise versa. And every time it's switched from wifi to mobile network or the other way around if youre watching youtube, hearing spotify, or downloading something it cuts signal instead of smoothly transfering without losing internet access. Plus we could benefit of doubling internet speed by something like this.
12th January 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #4  

1,032 posts
More
Quote:

Yes but everytime you go away you loosr wifi signal and mobile network kicks in right? And vise versa. And every time it's switched from wifi to mobile network or the other way around if youre watching youtube, hearing spotify, or downloading something it cuts signal instead of smoothly transfering without losing internet access. Plus we could benefit of doubling internet speed by something like this.

Yes, that could happen, but there's not much you can do about that unfortunately.

12th January 2014, 05:27 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

49 posts
Really? That sucks, it seems something that it would get really good use of.
12th January 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #6  

1,032 posts
More
Quote:

Really? That sucks, it seems something that it would get really good use of.

It's not really a big deal with most because at the most the video you're watching or the file you are downloading will buffer for a second or two while transferring signals, which it would do normally, whether you're using wifi only, or traveling down the road, which it (buffering) will do without fail as it (signal) is passed from one tower to another. Some hand-offs are pretty rough.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread