Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,635 Members 38,714 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Broken screen - allow su?

Tip us?

Sauveur
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Default Broken screen - allow su?

I'm trying to control my Nexus 4 using adb commands from computer, but when I type in adb shell and then su on command prompt I can't click "yes" on the dialog box to enable superuser permissions. How can I do this?

Sauveur
Old
(Last edited by Sauveur; 16th January 2014 at 03:26 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
For anyone having the same problem, I found a solution. You'll need USB Debugging for most of this.

-Download a program called MyMobiler to your PC
-Connect your phone via usb and use MyMobiler on the pc toolbar to install the app on the phone
-You'll need to grant superuser permissions if your phone is rooted, so in order to do that you'll need to use adb commands from the Android SDK. Open up a command prompt in the platform-tools folder once you've downloaded SDK
-To get past the lock screen use commands from this link. For me (I don't have a pin or anything, I just needed to get out of the lock screen), I typed "adb shell input keyevent 22" to swipe right to the camera app and then "adb shell input keyevent 3" to hit the home button, which got me to my home screen. If you have a pin, you can type in "adb shell input text 1234" and replace 1234 with whatever your pin is
-Now you can control your screen using the commands on the link above (mainly numbers 19-23)
-If all is running correctly (and you have granted superuser permissions to let MyMobiler run on your phone), you can use the arrow keys to navigate throughout the phone
-If you have any problems, you should follow the MyMobiler start guide

I also followed this guide for help. He uses the app androidscreencast, but that didn't work for me, so I went with MyMobiler.