Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,492 Members 39,322 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Broken screen, need to check texts and missed calls

Tip us?

androidmodd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Default Broken screen, need to check texts and missed calls

Hi,

My nexus 4 has a broken screen, the touch screen does not work but:

I have an OTG cable
Bootloader is unlocked
Touch recovery is installed
I can connect via ADB HOWEVER when I try su in shell it won't let me because I think I need to accept the SU request on the phone.
My lock screen password is the android 9 dot type password :/

Is there anything I can do? I just really need to see texts and missed calls (and whatsapp messages) I may have had calls and texts from future employers that I have missed.

Thanks
Always have your stuff when you need it with Dropbox. Sign up for free! http://db.tt/G8qfL77X

hassi4042
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Default nandrioid

I remember from galaxy nexus toolkit that you could actually make a nandroid backup on your pc.
search for that procedure in nexus 4 forums, i think that's a common function of android. you can make a nandroid backup on ur pc.
after that backup you can put it in other phone and extract that backup using titanium backup. and restore your messages and call logs to other phone

androidmodd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by hassi4042 View Post
I remember from galaxy nexus toolkit that you could actually make a nandroid backup on your pc.
search for that procedure in nexus 4 forums, i think that's a common function of android. you can make a nandroid backup on ur pc.
after that backup you can put it in other phone and extract that backup using titanium backup. and restore your messages and call logs to other phone
Ive tried, i've even tried a nandroid backup through CWM, but can't get a nandroid backup
Always have your stuff when you need it with Dropbox. Sign up for free! http://db.tt/G8qfL77X

opssemnik
Old
Thanks Meter 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidmodd View Post
Ive tried, i've even tried a nandroid backup through CWM, but can't get a nandroid backup
flash multirom twrp(the only one i used), put phone on recovery mode, connect to pc and type in cmd prompt
adb shell mount /data(may give some error msg, its ok)
adb pull /data c:\backup
and wait till it backups everything.
when it does you can pass to some1(if u have games, u may delete files in c:\backup\data\media\obb to have less size on backup) with nexus 4 or get some database viewer to look the files in c:\backup\data/package.name.that.i.dont.remember
and in c:\backup\data\media\0\some.folder.that.i.dont.rem ember.
email - antoniobvg@gmail.com
skype - abui.ss
Nexus 4 / 16gb (broken)
Nexus 5 / D821 / 16gb / ? / ? / ? (not yet)
New Nexus 7 wifi / 32gb - Android L Developer Preview
Galaxy S3 Intl(I9300) - LS KK 3.1 (4.4.4)

androidmodd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Got a new screen int he end