Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,801 Members 44,527 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Browsers not saving in memory CM11.0

Tip us?

thecoloredsky
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Browsers not saving in memory CM11.0

Hard to explain in the title with a few words, but both stock browser and dolphin are not saving in memory. Just upgraded to 11.0 CyanogenMod last night from 10.2.

Example: So if navigate to a webpage and it loads, then I hit the home button and go to my email, then come back to the browser, the webpage I was previously on is gone and the browser basically reloads and goes to my home page. My old version of CM kept the webpage in memory so I could always pick up where I left off. Same basic thing with Dolphin browser, except it remembers the last page but still has to reload it. Both browsers have default settings.

Other apps, like Google Maps and Gallery, remember where I was last time I exited the app. I can click on them and they come back up from where I left off before. This leads me to believe its related to the browsers only, which doesn't make sense to me.

One other side note... if I close an app, there is a half second refresh of my home screen as if its reloading it again and not saving it in memory. Kinda weird and maybe its related? My older version didn't have these issues. Any ideas I can try?

thecoloredsky
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Update.

Flashed paranoid Android and everything working perfectly. No idea what happened with cm but something wasn't installed right on the system level. Mods can close this thread as solved.