No registration required

soft bricked device

OP tommyforest123

23rd June 2014, 08:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

30 posts
Hi,

I am trying to fix my friends nexus 4. It has a unlocked bootloader and was rooted. He had the franco kernel installed and when it was updated the other day, the wifi wouldn't work. The recovery function works and I can download any recovery or boot.img. The problem is whilst trying to fix, he erased all the data on the phone. now there is no OS installed. I believe he was running stock. Their is no zips installed. the problem i have is how can I install the new kk zip and gapps I have downloaded to the device. I cant mount the sd card in the recovery because of no sd card. I have a htc one and am used to putting roms on that. Its just I am stuck trying to fix this. The phone will enter fastboot and Recovery as discussed. Thanks..hope this makes sense
23rd June 2014, 08:54 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,360

26,694 posts
2 options..
1. you need to adb push a rom/gapps to your device while you are in recovery. then flash them after pushing.
2. you need to fastboot flash the factory image while you are in the bootloader.
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2014, 11:22 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

2 options..
1. you need to adb push a rom/gapps to your device while you are in recovery. then flash them after pushing.
2. you need to fastboot flash the factory image while you are in the bootloader.

Hi Thanks for your reply. I am trying to adb push a rom to the device. The computer recognizes the device when I type adb devices in the command prompt when in recovery. The problem is what do I save it to without a sd card. I seen a few videos with the command adb push name.zip /sdcard/ namezip

what do i enter instead of sd card ...thanks again
23rd June 2014, 11:29 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 71

143 posts
http://teamw.in/ADBSideload
The Following User Says Thank You to RolF2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2014, 11:49 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,360

26,694 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyforest123

Hi Thanks for your reply. I am trying to adb push a rom to the device. The computer recognizes the device when I type adb devices in the command prompt when in recovery. The problem is what do I save it to without a sd card. I seen a few videos with the command adb push name.zip /sdcard/ namezip

when i do it, i put the file in the same folder as adb. i enter recovery, then.. adb push namezip, then its there.
24th June 2014, 12:12 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,738

10,733 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyforest123

Just use adb push name.zip /sdcard. There is an internal sdcard

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
24th June 2014, 12:29 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

30 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Just use adb push name.zip /sdcard. There is an internal sdcard

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Hi, thanks for the replies. I was able to flash a new kk rom through the adb...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread