5,598,718 Members 38,360 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Caller ID with Name Display in Kit Kat?

Tip us?

gauthier81
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Default Caller ID with Name Display in Kit Kat?

I notice on all the Kit Kat roms when i receive a call it only displays the phone number. With my phone plan with Rogers it is supposed to show the number and the name (names that are not in your contacts). I believe on CM 4.3.1 it displays the name but then once you go to the call log the name disappears. So basically the name should show when the call is coming and should show in the call log and stay there. Hoping eventually there is a patch or something for this. Any suggestions?
Sent from my Nexus 4 Kit Kat wrapper

Device - Nexus 4
Rom - PSX v2
Kernel - PSK

MameTozhio
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1238
Quote:
Originally Posted by gauthier81 View Post
I notice on all the Kit Kat roms when i receive a call it only displays the phone number. With my phone plan with Rogers it is supposed to show the number and the name (names that are not in your contacts). I believe on CM 4.3.1 it displays the name but then once you go to the call log the name disappears. So basically the name should show when the call is coming and should show in the call log and stay there. Hoping eventually there is a patch or something for this. Any suggestions?
the nexus 4 can't be modified by carriers so things like that are over-ridden I believe.
it happens with me on Koodo too. though I'm not actually sure it's on my plan O.o

gauthier81
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by MameTozhio View Post
the nexus 4 can't be modified by carriers so things like that are over-ridden I believe.
it happens with me on Koodo too. though I'm not actually sure it's on my plan O.o
Ya Kit Kat is really weird too because the name wont show when it is ringing. If you miss the call it shows the name in the notification bar. Then when you click on it to go to the call log it disappears again. So it is showing but not properly. Figure maybe there might eventually be a tweak for it.
Sent from my Nexus 4 Kit Kat wrapper

Device - Nexus 4
Rom - PSX v2
Kernel - PSK