Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,696 Members 37,413 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Camera problems

Tip us?

matteoas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Camera problems

A friend of mine gave me a Nexus 4 with a camera problem. He said that, after ota upgrade to the last version of kitkat, camera stopped to work ("camera not connected" error). Both front and back camera don't work, and led flash too. I've tried every version of android stock, cyanogenmod 10 and 11, and franco kernel too. I've open the phone and unmounted every piece: nothing looks wrong. Maybe logical board? Or a defective back camera? But led flash and front camera don't work too. Maybe a software problem? Thank you

badboy47
Old
Thanks Meter 722

DONATE TO ME
Try reverting back to 4.2.2; see if that fixes it. If not you might have to open it to make sure the wires for the camera is connected.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

nexuspur
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Try to flash the Google stock ROM with a toolkit then it should work

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk

matteoas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
But, as I already wrote, i've tried to flash every N4 android version (with unified toolkit, of course), and I've unmounted every piece and everything looks ok. I don't think the back camera is broken, as front camera and led flash don't work too.

matteoas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Do u think that if back camera doesn't work, the front camera and flash led are off? I tried now without back camera, now without front, and i've the same error.

nexuspur
Old
Thanks Meter 77
can you share your topical setup rom+kernel...?

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

try also to delete your app data off the camera (gallery) in app settings or try another camera app in the playstore and check it again. if nothing helps i think something inside your device is broken