Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,557 Members 46,296 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Change rom question

Tip us?
 
gjjh25
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 25
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default [Q] Change rom question

I have a nexus 4, which unlocked and rooted standard android on it.

I have backed up my apps with titanium and backed up the rom via TWRP.

My question is if I change to a different rom using ROM Toolbox, will I be easily able to restore my apps from the phone or do I need the backed up elsewhere, does all the phone content get wiped?

Related to the above can i restore my existing rom, easily if I want to go back to it?
 
Dark Emotion
Old
(Last edited by Dark Emotion; 8th May 2014 at 10:41 AM.)
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1192
Posts: 1,804
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Zagreb

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjjh25 View Post
I have a nexus 4, which unlocked and rooted standard android on it.

I have backed up my apps with titanium and backed up the rom via TWRP.

My question is if I change to a different rom using ROM Toolbox, will I be easily able to restore my apps from the phone or do I need the backed up elsewhere, does all the phone content get wiped?

Related to the above can i restore my existing rom, easily if I want to go back to it?
You do not need to wipe (format) your internal SD card so all your data will still be there (songs, pictures, apps on which you have performed backup on via titanium etc).
You should be able to restore your apps with titanium but sometimes there are apps that cause some problems.
And sure, you can go back to your nandroid backup (your old rom) at any time with TWRP.
HTC Hero GSM > Samsung Galaxy SII i9100 > Google Nexus 4
 
gjjh25
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 25
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Emotion View Post
You do not need to wipe (format) your internal SD card so all your data will still be there (songs, pictures, apps on which you have performed backup on via titanium etc).
You should be able to restore your apps with titanium but sometimes there are apps that cause some problems.
And sure, you can go back to your nandroid backup (your old rom) at any time with TWRP.

Thanks for the advice.

So if I use rom toolbox, I just download and install a rom as zip, but do not wipe anything, is that correct?
 
Dark Emotion
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1192
Posts: 1,804
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Zagreb

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjjh25 View Post
Thanks for the advice.

So if I use rom toolbox, I just download and install a rom as zip, but do not wipe anything, is that correct?
I don't know, I never used rom toolbox, sorry.
HTC Hero GSM > Samsung Galaxy SII i9100 > Google Nexus 4
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes