Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,064 Members 41,164 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Says Bootloader is locked when not. Bricked Nexus 4?

Tip us?

jackinho24
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Says Bootloader is locked when not. Bricked Nexus 4?

Around a week ago everything was force closing on my N4 so I decided to reboot it, when I did it got stuck in boot loops. Because of this I went to wipe the data and cache so I could flash a Rom but when I did all my data from my SD partition had disappeared. This has happened to me before and the way I solved it last time was to unroot and flash back to stock using the Nexus 4 toolkit. However when I went to do that this time it said my boot loader was locked so I couldn't complete the task. So then I unlocked the bootloader which apparently is successful but when I refresh the bootloader it seems to be locked again. Over the last week I have tried sideloading zips, force flashing, unrooting, unlocking the bootloader and all this on both a mac and windows toolkit.

When researching this problem I only could find one thread which resembled my problem on xda however it was about the Nexus 7 and the person ended up sending it back to Asus. Would be great if someone good respond, thanks!

(Also my device is a Rooted UK 16gb if that helps)

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3055
It sounds like your emmc flash memory is bad. Not being able to lock or unlock the bootloader is a sign of that. You should warranty the device.
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lolcakes203
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I agree. I faced a similar problem on my Optimus 2X. It started with occasional bootloops, and last week it got to the point where it was boot-looping after every boot w/ force closes, missing data, and e2fsck did nothing, because the fixed errors came back within hours. Definitely sounds like your memory chip has called it quits.
Devices:
LG Optimus 2X P990
LG Nexus 4

LG Optimus 2X:
ROM: Tonyp TheROM Build 26 New Bootloader
Kernel: Kowalski Kernel M1 New Bootloader 2.6.39.4 W/ RAM Hack
Bootloader:ICS Bootloader
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.0.0 For New BL
Baseband: 1035.21

Nexus 4:
ROM: Stock 4.4.4 W/ Root (Xposed, GPU Drivers, Dalvik/Bionic Patches)
Kernel: Matr1x 14.0 W/ GPU OC
Bootloader: Stock Bootloader (Unlocked)
Recvoery: PhilZ Touch CWM-Based Recovery
Radio:Radio (1.03)
The Following User Says Thank You to lolcakes203 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
nexus 4 bricked, nexus 4 can't unroot, nexus 4 locked bootloader