Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Says Bootloader is locked when not. Bricked Nexus 4?

OP techjunkiereviews

11th March 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
More
Around a week ago everything was force closing on my N4 so I decided to reboot it, when I did it got stuck in boot loops. Because of this I went to wipe the data and cache so I could flash a Rom but when I did all my data from my SD partition had disappeared. This has happened to me before and the way I solved it last time was to unroot and flash back to stock using the Nexus 4 toolkit. However when I went to do that this time it said my boot loader was locked so I couldn't complete the task. So then I unlocked the bootloader which apparently is successful but when I refresh the bootloader it seems to be locked again. Over the last week I have tried sideloading zips, force flashing, unrooting, unlocking the bootloader and all this on both a mac and windows toolkit.

When researching this problem I only could find one thread which resembled my problem on xda however it was about the Nexus 7 and the person ended up sending it back to Asus. Would be great if someone good respond, thanks!

(Also my device is a Rooted UK 16gb if that helps)
11th March 2014, 07:41 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,905

11,196 posts
It sounds like your emmc flash memory is bad. Not being able to lock or unlock the bootloader is a sign of that. You should warranty the device.
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2014, 07:58 PM   |  #3  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 63

372 posts
More
I agree. I faced a similar problem on my Optimus 2X. It started with occasional bootloops, and last week it got to the point where it was boot-looping after every boot w/ force closes, missing data, and e2fsck did nothing, because the fixed errors came back within hours. Definitely sounds like your memory chip has called it quits.
The Following User Says Thank You to lolcakes203 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nexus 4 bricked, nexus 4 can't unroot, nexus 4 locked bootloader
Previous Thread Next Thread