Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

[Q] High amp chargers are unhealty?

OP kerimkaraman

4th March 2014, 10:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
Hi everybody,
I want to buy an another travel charger for my Nexus 4. You know it's original charger is 1.2 amp. It's not selling in everywhere and it's expensive on ebay vs.
I'm thinking about another brand's chargers. If i buy blackberry's 1.8amp charger or samsung's 2.0amp charger, they give damage to my battery? Is my battery life shorten? How long?

Ps: Sorry for my bad english...
4th March 2014, 12:14 PM   |  #2  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 280

1,608 posts
More
It doesn't matter. Your phone's charger chip will restrict the maximum current, so the battery won't be affected. Some people claim that the high current will ruin the USB port, but I seriously doubt that.
4th March 2014, 03:22 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
Thanks for answer. So i will buy an 1.8 or 2 amp oem wall charger. Is it better than 1amp charger? And my last question is: how can i measure of chager's real amp value?
4th March 2014, 05:12 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 81

383 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerimkaraman

Thanks for answer. So i will buy an 1.8 or 2 amp oem wall charger. Is it better than 1amp charger? And my last question is: how can i measure of chager's real amp value?

Doesn't really make a difference , it may heat up though trying to get rid of the excess current. The original charger rates 1.2 Amp.
To measure that , you need a multimeter , buy cheap chinese knockoffs , they are extremely cheap on ebay.
If you want the best , get "fluke".
4th March 2014, 09:27 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
so i must buy a 1amp or 1.2 amp max?
And i have an multimeter but how can i measure that?
4th March 2014, 09:33 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 40

305 posts
More
As snapper said, the phone will only draw the current it needs. The current on the charger is the max current it can provide.
4th March 2014, 10:55 PM   |  #7  

3 posts
Yep, you can't push amp into your phone. The phone will draw what every it's capable of.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread