Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Nexus 4 won't connect to PC

OP andrewtobias51

1st April 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
Hi, I can't get my computer, Lenovo y410p running Windows 8.1 to recognize my Nexus 4 in the file explorer. The Nexus Root Toolkit also will say "no fastboot device connected" when it is plugged in via USB port. However,

Stock Nexus 4
Kernel 3.4
Build number kot49h

Computer won’t recognize phone in file explorer.
Enabling USB debugging has no effect.
Enabling and disabling MTP has no effect either.
However, when I am connected in MTP mode my comp recognizes the phone in the “safely remove hardware and eject media” in the notification area of the taskbar.

I can connect in Camera (PTP) mode – my computer will show my phone in the file explorer.
I’m using a Lenovo y410p running windows 8.1
I’ve used the Nexus root toolkit to uninstall and reinstall the drivers and this hasn’t fixed the problem.
I’ve also used the device manager to uninstall all drivers and this hasn’t fixed the problem.
I’ve tried 3 different USB cables – this hasn’t fixed the problem.
I don’t have a fast charge app installed.

I want to root the phone so that I can use Button Remapper to assign one of my volume buttons to be my power button. My power button is currently broken, forcing me to use Awesome On to turn my phone’s screen on and off. I’d also like to be able to load music on to my phone.
If anybody has any idea wtf is wrong with my phone I’d love for some help. Thanks.
Last edited by andrewtobias51; 1st April 2014 at 05:49 PM.
1st April 2014, 08:54 PM   |  #2  
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 855

2,999 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewtobias51

Hi, I can't get my computer, Lenovo y410p running Windows 8.1 to recognize my Nexus 4 in the file explorer. The Nexus Root Toolkit also will say "no fastboot device connected" when it is plugged in via USB port. However,

Stock Nexus 4
Kernel 3.4
Build number kot49h

Computer wonít recognize phone in file explorer.
Enabling USB debugging has no effect.
Enabling and disabling MTP has no effect either.
However, when I am connected in MTP mode my comp recognizes the phone in the ďsafely remove hardware and eject mediaĒ in the notification area of the taskbar.

I can connect in Camera (PTP) mode Ė my computer will show my phone in the file explorer.
Iím using a Lenovo y410p running windows 8.1
Iíve used the Nexus root toolkit to uninstall and reinstall the drivers and this hasnít fixed the problem.
Iíve also used the device manager to uninstall all drivers and this hasnít fixed the problem.
Iíve tried 3 different USB cables Ė this hasnít fixed the problem.
I donít have a fast charge app installed.

I want to root the phone so that I can use Button Remapper to assign one of my volume buttons to be my power button. My power button is currently broken, forcing me to use Awesome On to turn my phoneís screen on and off. Iíd also like to be able to load music on to my phone.
If anybody has any idea wtf is wrong with my phone Iíd love for some help. Thanks.

Is your phone in bootloader mode when the pop-up says "No fastboot device connected"?
1st April 2014, 09:46 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scream4cheese

Is your phone in bootloader mode when the pop-up says "No fastboot device connected"?

No, at the moment its in fastboot mode. (secure state enabled, and lock state - locked)
2nd April 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #4  
Flag Richmond
Thanks Meter: 3

7 posts
More
Does the driver state "adb interface" under device manager?
Did you also try the command "fastboot devices" on command prompt?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app
3rd April 2014, 08:53 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxISYMFSxx

Does the driver state "adb interface" under device manager?
Did you also try the command "fastboot devices" on command prompt?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app

i just did a factory reset and my comp still won't recognize my phone in MTP mode with USB debugging enabled or disabled. However, when I connect in camera PTP mode, my computer will recognize my phone when debugging is enabled, but will not recognize it when it is disabled.
4th April 2014, 12:18 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 29

117 posts
Sounds like you are missing the CORRECT USB drivers, (note the windows ones don't always work) try PDAnet for an easy installation of them, then check ADB drivers, as said above the command "fastboit devices" is a good guide to your connection.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread