[Q] Charging Problems

Search This thread

shaurz

May 25, 2011
I have noticed 2 problems that only seem to have occurred after upgrading my Nexus 4 to Android 4.4.

Sometimes, for no apparent reason, the phone will simply refuse to charge. At first I thought it might be the micro USB port going dodgy but I've ruled out a hardware issue since simply rebooting the phone fixes the issue every time. I've also tried different chargers to see if that made any difference.

The second issue is that when the phone has finished charging the phone screen turns on (as it has always done), the problem is that every 2 or 3 minutes it flashes on again, and again, and again. So at night my phone screen is constantly turning itself on and off. I always thought it was stupid that the screen turns on when it has charged or removed from the charger and wish I could turn that off anyway.

zerohunk

May 15, 2012
Mumbai
Realme 7 Pro
I have noticed 2 problems that only seem to have occurred after upgrading my Nexus 4 to Android 4.4.

Sometimes, for no apparent reason, the phone will simply refuse to charge. At first I thought it might be the micro USB port going dodgy but I've ruled out a hardware issue since simply rebooting the phone fixes the issue every time. I've also tried different chargers to see if that made any difference.

The second issue is that when the phone has finished charging the phone screen turns on (as it has always done), the problem is that every 2 or 3 minutes it flashes on again, and again, and again. So at night my phone screen is constantly turning itself on and off. I always thought it was stupid that the screen turns on when it has charged or removed from the charger and wish I could turn that off anyway.

this seems like a weird problem .. did u try resetting ur phone??? and are you on stock rom? rooted or not? some details would be helpful

shaurz

May 25, 2011
this seems like a weird problem .. did u try resetting ur phone??? and are you on stock rom? rooted or not? some details would be helpful

Stock ROM, unlocked but not rooted. I haven't tried resetting due to the hassle of having to reinstall all my apps and setting everything up again.

filthykid

Apr 14, 2012
Hmmm.. Is there any way the apps and it's settings be backed up EXACTLY like how they are and then restore after factory resetting the device?

Not to mention, all this WITHOUT root and being COMPLETELY stock?