[Q] Why does Chrome keep freezing?

2nd July 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

82 posts
More
Running 4.4.4. Think this started after the 4.4 update. Sometimes Chrome works fine, other times the page refuses to load. The blue line under the URL starts to go from left to right; gets about 1/10th of the way, then just stops. The blue line goes away (finishes loading?) and the page is blank. I uninstall the Chrome updates and go back to the original Nexus 4 Chrome, and it works fine. Later, I'll update Chrome, and it works fine. Then, a few days later, the freezing starts all over again.

Any help? Or, should I just give up on Chrome on the Nexus 4? This only happens on my Nexus 4; not other devices and not even on my wife's Nexus 4.
3rd July 2014, 02:34 PM   |  #2  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 403

384 posts
More
Not facing this issue personally. If there was any way this error could be reproduced, maybe we would be able to help you.
7th July 2014, 10:34 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

37 posts
More
I have the same problem, started before 4.4.4 using Chrome and chrome beta.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
2nd August 2014, 12:21 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 13

85 posts
More
Hi all, I have a problem with Chrome. I'm using galaxy s5 and whenever I open the browser for the first time I get the message: Unable to access the network, but once I refresh the page it loads everything as it should. How do I fix it without having to constantly keep chrome in the RAM. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
9th August 2014, 06:02 PM   |  #5  
Flag Carmichael, CA
Thanks Meter: 166

326 posts
More
Same blank page issue here....a quick Google shows many others having this issue too. So far all of the remedies on googles forums are worthless.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread