Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,331 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] CM based rom with PIE

Tip us?

deepayanneogi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 92
Default [Q] CM based rom with PIE

Hi guys, long time loyal PA user and tired of waiting for them to merge ThemeManager, want to switch to any CM based rom which has PIE functionality and properly updated.

Is there any such ROM out there? Original CM will not support PIE ever, so anyone ported PA PIE to CM ?

Jeckoo
Old
Thanks Meter 5
you can try nexus 5 experience that is cm based and have slim pie , carbon but i don't know if it is cm based , and the developer of crdroid is working on a port of PIE from cm10.2 for his rom
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeckoo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Marvlesz
Old
Thanks Meter 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeckoo View Post
you can try nexus 5 experience that is cm based and have slim pie , carbon but i don't know if it is cm based , and the developer of crdroid is working on a port of PIE from cm10.2 for his rom
Carbon does have PIE, but it's AOSP.
Do you have a question about the HD2 ? Ask it here for an instant response.

nexus⁴: Carbon 4.4 with moob kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to Marvlesz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

deepayanneogi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 92
actually looking for a cm based rom because of theme manager, PA has no indication of including theme support.
Also if pie is there then it will be better, else might have to flash proper cm nightly

Sent from my Nexus 4

republicano
Old
Thanks Meter 161
have you tried the app?, its pretty good

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2454531
Nexus 4, Nexus 7 2013

Targaeryan
Old
Thanks Meter 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepayanneogi View Post
actually looking for a cm based rom because of theme manager, PA has no indication of including theme support.
Also if pie is there then it will be better, else might have to flash proper cm nightly

Sent from my Nexus 4
Liquidsmooth has pie and has theme manager. The new one..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

acejavelin
Old
(Last edited by acejavelin; 23rd May 2014 at 06:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 417

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepayanneogi View Post
Hi guys, long time loyal PA user and tired of waiting for them to merge ThemeManager, want to switch to any CM based rom which has PIE functionality and properly updated.

Is there any such ROM out there? Original CM will not support PIE ever, so anyone ported PA PIE to CM ?
Beanstalk is amazing, and has Pie, Halo, multiwindow, immersive mode, Xposed baked in, and about every other feature you can imagine... It is CM based as well... Combine it with Hells-Core kernel and PA Gapps and it is rock solid, actually even with the stock kernel it is very good. I suggest it very highly.

You won't see many updates though, maybe 4-8 per year on average, this ROM is rock solid and extremely feature packed, when updates to come out they just work though, many ROMs basically use updates like a beta program, not Beanstalk. I don't know if it has the new or old theme manager, I don't use themes so I can't tell you... but it does have a theme manager.
Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Beanstalk 4.4.4 with hells-Core Kernel)
Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Official Beanstalk)
Current Tablet: iPad 4 and Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Other phones "in the family": HTC DNA, HTC One (M7), Motorola Moto G GPE
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, HTC Rezound, Samsung Stratosphere, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P

deepayanneogi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 92
Thanks for the suggestions guys, just clean CM latest and it's quite good till now, I feel there is slight performance hit from PA but I will take that. CM has expanded desktop so no need of PIE any more. Was tired of PA, they still haven't managed to incorporate hybrid let alone theme manager.