Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,458 Members 48,477 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Completely Bricked :(

Tip us?

qwahchees
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Default Completely Bricked :(

So I wake up in the morning, decided to flash a zip for Zipalign at boot and in the meantime, also wipe dalvik, cache and fix perms.

I hit the reboot button after all that, and it's dead. Red LED, tried EVERYTHING. Took the phone apart, undid the ribbon, charged it, pressed every damn button combination with literally 30 different time lengths and NOTHING.

What the hell is going on, and is it recoverable? I really can't afford a new phone but I'm grounded till I get one.

Follow me on Twitter: @Qwahchees

Retired: ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T, Samsung Galaxy S III, Motorola Xoom Stock Rooted, iPhone 4 JB iOS 5, Nokia N900, Sony Ericsson C902

Berrydroidcafe
Old
Thanks Meter 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwahchees View Post
So I wake up in the morning, decided to flash a zip for Zipalign at boot and in the meantime, also wipe dalvik, cache and fix perms.

I hit the reboot button after all that, and it's dead. Red LED, tried EVERYTHING. Took the phone apart, undid the ribbon, charged it, pressed every damn button combination with literally 30 different time lengths and NOTHING.

What the hell is going on, and is it recoverable? I really can't afford a new phone but I'm grounded till I get one.
Let it charge for awhile, at least an hour or so then give it a whirl. Although it sounds like you might have done this, but do it again, sometimes you have to hold the button for over 30 seconds, that would include holding the volume button as well, to get into the recovery or bootloader.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)
Blackberry Bold 9780 OS 7
HTC G2 (Desire Z) 4.4.2
LG Nexus 4 4.4.2
Asus Nexus 7 (2013) 4.4.2

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button if I helped in any way!

The Following User Says Thank You to Berrydroidcafe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

qwahchees
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrydroidcafe View Post
Let it charge for awhile, at least an hour or so then give it a whirl. Although it sounds like you might have done this, but do it again, sometimes you have to hold the button for over 30 seconds, that would include holding the volume button as well, to get into the recovery or bootloader.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)
Thank you, I'll try that.

Retired: ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T, Samsung Galaxy S III, Motorola Xoom Stock Rooted, iPhone 4 JB iOS 5, Nokia N900, Sony Ericsson C902

qwahchees
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
An update, still broken

jamel_tza
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwahchees View Post
An update, still broken
Give this a shot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzBQsMI5AEI

Different device but the protocol should be the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to jamel_tza For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]