Completely Bricked :(

OP qwahchees

15th January 2014, 06:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 57

390 posts
More
So I wake up in the morning, decided to flash a zip for Zipalign at boot and in the meantime, also wipe dalvik, cache and fix perms.

I hit the reboot button after all that, and it's dead. Red LED, tried EVERYTHING. Took the phone apart, undid the ribbon, charged it, pressed every damn button combination with literally 30 different time lengths and NOTHING.

What the hell is going on, and is it recoverable? I really can't afford a new phone but I'm grounded till I get one.
15th January 2014, 06:47 PM   |  #2  
Flag Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Thanks Meter: 231

1,032 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwahchees

So I wake up in the morning, decided to flash a zip for Zipalign at boot and in the meantime, also wipe dalvik, cache and fix perms.

I hit the reboot button after all that, and it's dead. Red LED, tried EVERYTHING. Took the phone apart, undid the ribbon, charged it, pressed every damn button combination with literally 30 different time lengths and NOTHING.

What the hell is going on, and is it recoverable? I really can't afford a new phone but I'm grounded till I get one.

Let it charge for awhile, at least an hour or so then give it a whirl. Although it sounds like you might have done this, but do it again, sometimes you have to hold the button for over 30 seconds, that would include holding the volume button as well, to get into the recovery or bootloader.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to Berrydroidcafe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2014, 06:48 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto

390 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrydroidcafe

Let it charge for awhile, at least an hour or so then give it a whirl. Although it sounds like you might have done this, but do it again, sometimes you have to hold the button for over 30 seconds, that would include holding the volume button as well, to get into the recovery or bootloader.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)

Thank you, I'll try that.
15th January 2014, 11:52 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto

390 posts
More
An update, still broken
16th January 2014, 12:55 AM   |  #5  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 46

156 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwahchees

An update, still broken

Give this a shot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzBQsMI5AEI

Different device but the protocol should be the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to jamel_tza For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread