[Q] Cannot connect in MTP mode anymore. Tried a lot, still no solution...

Search This thread

bragih

Feb 19, 2008
Hello everyone.
I don't know since when or how, since it has been always working for me on my win7 desktop, but when I tried to connect my phone to a new Latptop (with win8) during the holidays at home, it wouldn't detect it as an MTP device.

Well, it doesn't recognise it at all, unless I put it in debug mode, then it's under unknown devices as "Nexus 4" with a failed driver installation.

But I need to get MTP working to back some things up.

I'm running AOKP's Milestone for 4.3 and franco's kernel 193.
I checked if fastcharge was enabled: No
Switched it on and back off: Nothing
Reflashed the Kernel: Nothing
Reflashed AOKP (including the stock Kernel): Still not recognised

Of course several reboots included. Tried all slots and different cables. The cables tested all work for my N7 on Kitkat.

I had issues before with franco's kernel not really disabling fastcharge when I clicked it but I managed to fix that by rebooting or switching it back on and off again. Also this doesn't really give me any clues as I reflashed AOKP which comes with a different kernel that doesn't even support fast charge..

I'm kind of clueless now, I urgently need to back up things from my phone which I now did via Airdroid, but I also need to get MTP back working for bigger files.

Thank you very much for your help!
It would be nice if someone had a suggestion before I try going back to stock.

bragih

Feb 19, 2008
Will it then only be recognised in debug mode? Or normal as well? Since it doesn't even appear in device manager right now when in regular USB mode

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk

jimbo34

Aug 7, 2009
Try the way @opssemnik said, maybe your driver isnt work

I had this problem. Try deleting all android drivers and MTP drivers from your PC using USBDeview (google it). Also try connecting to a different PC to see if the phone can connect at all. Finally, you may need to unlock the lock screen before attaching. After that it connects no problems!

Reactions: bragih

bragih

Feb 19, 2008
I had this problem. Try deleting all android drivers and MTP drivers from your PC using USBDeview (google it). Also try connecting to a different PC to see if the phone can connect at all. Finally, you may need to unlock the lock screen before attaching. After that it connects no problems!

USBDeview did the trick. Thanks a lot. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    turn off driver signature verification(ask google how to do)
    install universal naked drivers.
    there you go
    Try the way @opssemnik said, maybe your driver isnt work