5,604,050 Members 46,683 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Would this be considered a broken digitizer?

Tip us?

slbp180
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Would this be considered a broken digitizer?

So I dropped my phone today.

It is in a Ringke Hybrid Fusion case, and it missed going into my pocket and hit the floor. Now the screen seems to skip over touches within the area noted in the picture. It makes it really difficult for some apps that I use which do not have a landscape mode to do things like search for example, but for example with the search bar on the main screen, I cannot select the bar to type something in, but it will respond to my press on the mic for voice input.

It recognizes and responds to touch everywhere else on the screen expect in this specific area. Would it be possible the digitizer is screwed? The actual glass on the front looks fine.

ksavai
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by slbp180 View Post
So I dropped my phone today.

It is in a Ringke Hybrid Fusion case, and it missed going into my pocket and hit the floor. Now the screen seems to skip over touches within the area noted in the picture. It makes it really difficult for some apps that I use which do not have a landscape mode to do things like search for example, but for example with the search bar on the main screen, I cannot select the bar to type something in, but it will respond to my press on the mic for voice input.

It recognizes and responds to touch everywhere else on the screen expect in this specific area. Would it be possible the digitizer is screwed? The actual glass on the front looks fine.

I have same problem with exact middle part of screen, width around same as you mention but whole strip is not working. Its better place than yours because not much buttons except for few games lie there... I will go to local store in a week and ask them what to do. Thank god its not emergency situation.
Panasonic GD67
Motorola Razr
Sony Ericsson W810
Apple iPhone 3G
HTC Desire
Samsung Galaxy S
LG Nexus 4