Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,597 Members 51,940 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Constant GPS lock-in issues

Tip us?

shadeMe
Old
(Last edited by shadeMe; 4th May 2014 at 01:14 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Location [Q] Constant GPS lock-in issues

My Nexus' GPS is constantly giving me the finger. I read this thread and I believe I might have the same problem, but the latest Play services update hasn't helped any.

Setting the location setting toggle to 'Only Device' completely breaks the GPS - The phone is never able to get a lock-in until I switch back to the High/Low accuracy setting. Rebooting the device provides temporary relief, that is, until I lose my mobile signal or turn on aeroplane mode (at which point the GPS stops responding and my location is gleaned from the last know coarse network fix). I use Tasker to turn on aeroplane mode every night, so I'm essentially without any GPS connectivity until the phone is rebooted. And I really, really don't fancy doing a hard reboot every single morning. Also, it won't be doing the phone's battery any favors either.

I've tried multiple NTP apps in hopes of squishing this extremely annoying issue but no avail. I occurred to me that I can't be the only person with this issue, hence the thread. So, suggestions?

shadeMe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Nobody?
Tags
accuracy, gps, play services