Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,953 Members 36,445 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cooked v built roms

Tip us?

howard bamber
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 176
Default Cooked v built roms

What's the difference?
I've noticed that a lot of people add on their rom description, in a sniffy way.. "not cooked"
Are they worse?

By backwards engineered alien technology.....

SMillerNL
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,040

DONATE TO ME
Cooking ROMs often introduces new bugs. Compiled/Build ROMs are at the level that OEMs could do and can therefore change more.
There also are kitchen tools for cooking where there are no tools to make compiling easy.

My personal opinion is that cooking ROMs requires less skill than compiling one. Although I've seen some ROM cooks do awesome stuff and compiled ROMs that weren't anything special. So it's mostly dependent on the ROM really.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

"I actually don't want any Thanks. I don't need to be Thanked, because I just want to make XDA a better place..."
http://team-fun.eu
The Following User Says Thank You to SMillerNL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

howard bamber
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 176
Thanks. It's the conclusion that I came too. What I've noticed is pple deodexing roms, cherry picking stuff like the bionic and similar code, adding all the mods they can and calling it their rom!
I'm using one I put together and it's superb but I'd never post it or claim it's mine as all I did was cut and paste.

By backwards engineered alien technology.....