5,596,066 Members 34,002 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Currently on 4.2, can't update to 4.3 -- options?

Tip us?

ninjames
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default Currently on 4.2, can't update to 4.3 -- options?

Hey guys. I want to get to 4.4.2 but I'm currently on 4.2. I have root and a custom recovery, and my OTA updates are failing a verification check. The OTA is trying to update to 4.3.

Is there a zip I can flash to go to 4.4.2 without having to wipe my phone? Or do I need to flash in order? Or is my only option wiping everything and flashing stock (how would I do that)? If that's the case I'll probably just stick with 4.2. I want to skip right over 4.3 because that was a buggy mess for me that ultimately resulted in terrible battery life and broken apps. But I've heard good things about 4.4.2

ninjames
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
bump..

bruinhoo
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Sounds like you want a flashable stock 4.2.2 build, right? Haven't tried it myself, but it seems this thread is where you want to look.
The Following User Says Thank You to bruinhoo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lt.Win
Old
Thanks Meter 671
Use this : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2566042

It's a flashable zip of the 4.4.2 Stock ROM, only zipaligned (doesn't cause problems in OTA). Flash it through TWRP, and you're done. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to Lt.Win For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ninjames
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinhoo View Post
Sounds like you want a flashable stock 4.2.2 build, right? Haven't tried it myself, but it seems this thread is where you want to look.
That's not quite what I was looking for but thank you for the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Win View Post
Use this : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2566042

It's a flashable zip of the 4.4.2 Stock ROM, only zipaligned (doesn't cause problems in OTA). Flash it through TWRP, and you're done. Good luck!
That's what I wanted! Thanks much, seems to be working great. Loving everything but the white phone app and I dislike Hangouts. Thanks much. :]