Custom 4.3 to Custom 4.4 request Tutorial

Tip us?

deathw15h
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Custom 4.3 to Custom 4.4 request Tutorial

Guys,

This is driving me nuts. I want to update from PAC 4.3 rom to custom 4.4 (probably purity rom). I have been looking aroung for a tutorial to ensure i dont miss any steps and bugger up the phone (call me a newb) but i just cant, for the life of me, find a tut for that.
The devOP suggests your normal Wipe Data> wipe cache> wipe dalvik> Flash ROM> flash Gapps> flash Kernel and reboot.

Whats confusing me is

1. whether i also need to flash radios?

2. whether I need to be on CWM (coz some threads saying TWRP wont work)

3. whether i need to do do anything else out of the ordinary.

Im not one to start a thread unnecessarily, believe me I have searched the forums, and gotten answers too, but I just cant seem to reach a unanimously agreed way to do it. Would love to have a Tutorial, but for the meantime if someone could please help me by just clearing up my doubts.

Thanks a lot.

P.S. i really didnt know where to put this. Moderators, hope its okay.

SMillerNL
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 962

DONATE TO ME
Just try it out. if you flash it like any other ROM, there is nothing to worry about. If your signal is acting up. Fastboot flash the new radio. If it doesn't flash, use CWM instead of TWRP.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

"I actually don't want any Thanks. I don't need to be Thanked, because I just want to make XDA a better place..."
http://team-fun.eu
The Following User Says Thank You to SMillerNL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

deathw15h
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMillerNL View Post
Just try it out. if you flash it like any other ROM, there is nothing to worry about. If your signal is acting up. Fastboot flash the new radio. If it doesn't flash, use CWM instead of TWRP.

Thanks buddy.. So just to be sure, i can still restore a nandroid backup yes? I mean Im all for tinkering with it, just wanna ensure i wont be hitting a wall.
Thanks again.

SMillerNL
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 962

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathw15h View Post
Thanks buddy.. So just to be sure, i can still restore a nandroid backup yes? I mean Im all for tinkering with it, just wanna ensure i wont be hitting a wall.
Thanks again.
If you make one beforehand that is.
That's actually a valid point there, since I don't know if the 2 backup types are compatible (although I would suspect that they are) make a backup after you flashed the new recovery as well. Just to be safe.

Good luck, and enjoy 4.4!

"I actually don't want any Thanks. I don't need to be Thanked, because I just want to make XDA a better place..."
http://team-fun.eu