XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CWM doubt

Tip us?

kkricardokaka95
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default CWM doubt

Hey Guys, I have a Nexus 4 running on stock 4.3 rooted.
I copied the CM 11 M Snapshot files and using CWM wiped everything. as it turns out it also wiped my sd ext. Thankfully I had a backup and got all my data back. Is there a way so that it doesnt wipe the Sd ext? I had a Nexus S before this and it didn't get wiped everytime I flash
Device : LG Nexus 4
ROM : Stock Rooted
Kernel : Stock

kkricardokaka95
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Anybody?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

crozbomb
Old
Thanks Meter 13
until you learn to post sensible comments no one can help you. what you have written may be the biggest load of nonsense i've ever read. do you even know what you are asking?

korockinout13
Old
Thanks Meter 519

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by crozbomb View Post
until you learn to post sensible comments no one can help you. what you have written may be the biggest load of nonsense i've ever read. do you even know what you are asking?
I understand his question just fine...

There is no "sd ext" on the current Nexus devices. It is simply called sdcard. The sdcard shouldn't be erased unless you format /data, because /sdcard is located at /data/media. In the future, just use factory reset in recovery and the sdcard won't be wiped.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Nexus 5 16GB on T-Mobile LTE: CM 11 + hells-core + TWRP || Nexus 7 2012 32GB: Stock 4.4 + Xposed + franco + TWRP
Nexus 4 (cracked )|AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII i777 (sold)|AT&T Samsung Galaxy S Captivate i897 (sold)

All in One Guide for Samsung i897 Captivate, i9000 Galaxy S
Get extra space on Copy or Dropbox with a new account!
The Following User Says Thank You to korockinout13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kkricardokaka95
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
I did the factory reset. But my entire media also got wiped. Although it doesn't happen with twrp. I guess I'll stick with twrp then. Thanks anyhow.

kkricardokaka95
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by crozbomb View Post
Just because you don't understand, doesn't mean nobody else did. My words make perfect sense to anyone who can read English and knows a thing or two about android development.

gt-kingz
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkricardokaka95 View Post
I did the factory reset. But my entire media also got wiped. Although it doesn't happen with twrp. I guess I'll stick with twrp then. Thanks anyhow.

Impossible, wipe data/factory reset doesn't format sdcard. Under mounts/storage (if i remember right) you can just delete media files.

kkricardokaka95
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt-kingz View Post
Impossible, wipe data/factory reset doesn't format sdcard. Under mounts/storage (if i remember right) you can just delete media files.
It seemed odd to me too. I guess its a problem with CWM Touch? I'll try to get screenshots if I can