5,603,920 Members 41,144 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

cyanogenmod 10.2 camera flash not working

Tip us?
 
joefso
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 165
Join Date: Aug 2007
Default cyanogenmod 10.2 camera flash not working

Hi I installed the latest stable cyanogenmod using the new installer, however with the camera the flash does not seem to work, the light flash is appearing when taking a picture but the picutre itself does not contain the flash, it is just dark. Anyone know a fix?
 
Berrydroidcafe
Old
#2  
Berrydroidcafe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 220
Posts: 976
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefso View Post
Hi I installed the latest stable cyanogenmod using the new installer, however with the camera the flash does not seem to work, the light flash is appearing when taking a picture but the picutre itself does not contain the flash, it is just dark. Anyone know a fix?
Right before you take the picture, tap on the screen first, then take the picture.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)
Blackberry Bold 9780 OS 7
HTC G2 (Desire Z) 4.4.2
LG Nexus 4 4.4.2
Asus Nexus 7 (2013) 4.4.2

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button if I helped in any way!

 
joefso
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 165
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrydroidcafe View Post
Right before you take the picture, tap on the screen first, then take the picture.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)
The picutre then getīs taken fine but when I view it right after that my nexus just freezes and than rebooots. Tried this 3x
 
Berrydroidcafe
Old
#4  
Berrydroidcafe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 220
Posts: 976
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefso View Post
The picutre then getīs taken fine but when I view it right after that my nexus just freezes and than rebooots. Tried this 3x
I would say that you have a bigger issue. Only thing I can suggest is to do a clean install. What rom and what version of Android are you using?

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)
Blackberry Bold 9780 OS 7
HTC G2 (Desire Z) 4.4.2
LG Nexus 4 4.4.2
Asus Nexus 7 (2013) 4.4.2

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button if I helped in any way!

 
joefso
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 165
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrydroidcafe View Post
I would say that you have a bigger issue. Only thing I can suggest is to do a clean install. What rom and what version of Android are you using?

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)
This never happend before, not when I was running stock or PA. Running android 4.3 and 10.2 stable

When I am not using the flash, it does not freeze..
 
Berrydroidcafe
Old
#6  
Berrydroidcafe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 220
Posts: 976
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefso View Post
This never happend before, not when I was running stock or PA. Running android 4.3 and 10.2 stable

When I am not using the flash, it does not freeze..
Unfortunately, the only thing I can think of is cm. It's not a problem for me because I don't take a lot of pictures, so I just live with the having to touch the screen first before I take a flash picture.

Sorry I can't be more help to you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)
Blackberry Bold 9780 OS 7
HTC G2 (Desire Z) 4.4.2
LG Nexus 4 4.4.2
Asus Nexus 7 (2013) 4.4.2

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button if I helped in any way!

The Following User Says Thank You to Berrydroidcafe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

WinDroid HTC Toolkit Lets You Root, Unlock, and Flash ROMs on Various HTC Devices

Plenty of users nowadays have more than one mobile device. … more

When Using GitHub, Don’t Skimp on Commit History

GitHub has become the epicenter of most open source development work that is posted … more

Verizon Droid DNA to Receive 4.4.2 KitKat + Sense 5.5 OTA This Thursday

The HTC Droid DNAis Verizon’s close cousin to the JapaneseHTC … more

Lucid Browser is Small, Lightweight, and Open Source

If there is one application category that certainly isn’t lacking in Android,and … more