Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,020 Members 40,970 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

cyanogenmod M6 All-F2FS

Tip us?

joefso
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default cyanogenmod M6 All-F2FS

Can anyone upload a modified M6 that supports all-f2fs? thanks!

pancham7
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefso View Post
U can convert yourself easily using Nabendu's script
My Devices:

1. Nexus 4

ROM: Mahdi 06/20
Kernel: AK v.311
GApps: BaNkS 6-19 Standard
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0
Radio: 1.03

2. Nexus 7 (2012)

ROM: Paranoid Android
Kernel: Slim

joefso
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancham7 View Post
U can convert yourself easily using Nabendu's script
no his script is not working for cyanogenmod

Moon2
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:
As per the how-to from here

Change the following from the updater script
Code:
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "0", "/system"); mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "/system");
to:

Code:
run_program("/sbin/mkfs.f2fs", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system"); run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/system");
and then flash one of jolinard's kernel shown in his sig, maybe the modded ak kernel for example.

Provided you've already formatted data and all before and you were on a f2fs rom.

joefso
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon2 View Post
As per the how-to from here

Change the following from the updater script
Code:
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "0", "/system"); mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "/system");
to:

Code:
run_program("/sbin/mkfs.f2fs", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system"); run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/system");
and then flash one of jolinard's kernel shown in his sig, maybe the modded ak kernel for example.

Provided you've already formatted data and all before and you were on a f2fs rom.
Hi yes, I tested that work arround and the boot.img provided in the thread by Konstantinos is not working ( untested ) . NABENDU1 updated his script but his patch is not working, also reported by other users

Moon2
Old
(Last edited by Moon2; 10th May 2014 at 04:25 AM.)
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:
Hi yes, I tested that work arround and the boot.img provided in the thread by Konstantinos is not working ( untested ) . NABENDU1 updated his script but his patch is not working, also reported by other users

No, do not use the boot.img, only change the updater script then install the kernel, skip out on the img file.

Tested on latest cm11 nightly with "AK.237.EXODUS.MAKO.CM-F2FS-auto.zip" kernel.

I just skimmed through it but I believe jolinard's kernel automatically updates the fstab in the boot.img depending on the system partition format. And with you changing the updater script to format to f2fs rather than ext4, the fstab will be changed for f2fs rather than ext4 when you flash the kernel straight after.

Also works on "Nexus 5 Experience - CM11 Based" rom
The Following User Says Thank You to Moon2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joefso
Old
(Last edited by joefso; 10th May 2014 at 05:34 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
No, do not use the boot.img, only change the updater script then install the kernel, skip out on the img file.

Tested on latest cm11 nightly with "AK.237.EXODUS.MAKO.CM-F2FS-auto.zip" kernel.

I just skimmed through it but I believe jolinard's kernel automatically updates the fstab in the boot.img depending on the system partition format. And with you changing the updater script to format to f2fs rather than ext4, the fstab will be changed for f2fs rather than ext4 when you flash the kernel straight after.

Also works on "Nexus 5 Experience - CM11 Based" rom
Yes that works but /data getīs mounted as ext4 according to diskinfo (yes wiped data after flashking AK). I did this installation after I flashed stock, rooted etc.. . I tried this twice to make sure I did not make a mistake. If I go into TWRP and format data again the device gets stuck at the google logo

Moon2
Old
(Last edited by Moon2; 10th May 2014 at 10:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:
Yes that works but /data getīs mounted as ext4 according to diskinfo (yes wiped data after flashking AK). I did this installation after I flashed stock, rooted etc.. . I tried this twice to make sure I did not make a mistake. If I go into TWRP and format data again the device gets stuck at the google logo
Mounts as f2fs for me - see attachments. Did your twrp install have a red back button?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-10 09.21.15.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	2735776   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-10 09.26.51.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	2735778  

joefso
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Mounts as f2fs for me - see attachments. Did your twrp install have a red back button?
Hmm, strange. Yes it does, going to try again

Moon2
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:
Hmm, strange. Yes it does, going to try again
Install one of the working f2fs roms as normal and check diskinfo for system and data and upload the pics here then give me a few mins, I'm uploading a cm build.

Do it exactly as I say and don't make any changes to the method.