Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Prompt [Solved] Facebook update/reinstall issue - insufficient storage available

OP bivasdas

11th May 2013, 10:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 19

20 posts
Hi,

I had an issue runnisg FB, it'd go blank and upon back-press it'd kill itself (or something like that - with a toast that said, app killed). To make things worse, I had the issue of insufficient storage available when I tried reinstalling it. Searched a lot, tried top hits like, wipe cache/dalvik-cache, delete *.odex from /data/app, use market helper, lucky patcher, uninstall big apps, and what not. Frustrating part was I HAD 4+ FREAKING GB OF STORAGE AVAILABLE!!!

No luck! So I decided a DIY approach. Install CatLog and watch...

Does this sound familiar:

Code:
Could not delete native binary: /data/app-lib/com.facebook.katana-1/libfb_jpegtexture.so
Could not delete native binary: /data/app-lib/com.facebook.katana-1/libfb_dalvik-internals.so
Could not delete native binary: /data/app-lib/com.facebook.katana-1/libfb_cpucapabilities.so
Could not delete native binary: /data/app-lib/com.facebook.katana-1/libfb_stlport_shared.so
Could not delete native binary: /data/app-lib/com.facebook.katana-1/libfb_tracker.so
Well, this is the problem! Manually deleted them, from terminal emulator:

Code:
su
cd /data/app-lib
rm -rf com.facebook.katana-1
and FB installed without any issue! Next time you have the same problem, just hit thanks!

Oh! before I forget, my specs are Nexus 4, Pacman rom and Franko Kernel, just in case.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to bivasdas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2013, 07:18 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Question Same, now with Yelp
Had same problem with Yelp update today! Manually deleted the .so file from /data/app-lib/com.yelp.android-1 and /data/app-lib/com.yelp.android-2

Any idea, what might be the root cause? Why is the file left there, even if the app is uninstalled?
21st May 2013, 07:38 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 11

94 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bivasdas

Hi,

I had an issue runnisg FB, it'd go blank and upon back-press it'd kill itself (or something like that - with a toast that said, app killed). To make things worse, I had the issue of insufficient storage available when I tried reinstalling it. Searched a lot, tried top hits like, wipe cache/dalvik-cache, delete *.odex from /data/app, use market helper, lucky patcher, uninstall big apps, and what not. Frustrating part was I HAD 4+ FREAKING GB OF STORAGE AVAILABLE!!!

Code:
Could not delete native binary: /data/app-lib/com.facebook.katana-1/libfb_jpegtexture.so
Could not delete native binary: /data/app-lib/com.facebook.katana-1/libfb_dalvik-internals.so
Could not delete native binary: /data/app-lib/com.facebook.katana-1/libfb_cpucapabilities.so
Could not delete native binary: /data/app-lib/com.facebook.katana-1/libfb_stlport_shared.so
Could not delete native binary: /data/app-lib/com.facebook.katana-1/libfb_tracker.so

Code:
su
cd /data/app-lib
and FB installed without any issue! Next time you have the same problem, just hit thanks!

Oh! before I forget, my specs are Nexus 4, Pacman rom and Franko Kernel, just in case.

have you used lucky patcher recently?
12th June 2013, 12:37 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apex88

have you used lucky patcher recently?

Nope!!!
12th June 2013, 12:42 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
New victim KeyRing app (http://keyringapp.com/download)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...client.android

Same problem, and same solution!

goto terminal emulator,
goto /data/app-lib
run rm -rf com.froogloid.kring* ### --> got tired of typing
install/update keyring from market!
17th June 2013, 11:09 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
umm
terminal says cant rm, directory not empty.. what can i do, pls help? says that when i try to remove it with root browser too.. it seems like the cache folder is the problem..
26th June 2013, 09:20 PM   |  #7  

2 posts
Talking install location
Hi Bvisdas, are you still having the same problem? I have had this problem recently and have been able to fix it.
27th June 2013, 01:59 AM   |  #8  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 106

485 posts
More
Hello I have the same problem with apply geek. But can't find anything in data/app-lib

And yes I did use lucky patcher! To remove the ads.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
6th October 2013, 03:10 AM   |  #9  
Flag Palakkad
Thanks Meter: 4

15 posts
Deleting using terminal worked..
I had the same problem in installing facebook, in my Galaxy SL, now solved..
18th November 2013, 06:31 PM   |  #10  

3 posts
Work!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bivasdas

Hi,

Code:

Code:
su
cd /data/app-lib

Very Good! Solve my problem!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
facebook, insufficient storage available, nexus 4
Previous Thread Next Thread