FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

[Q] Force Nexus 4 onto a specific frequency for testing?

259 posts
Thanks Meter: 60

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello, I am currently living in Toronto and would like to test the network coverage for WCDMA 850MHz only, because the phone I'm buying only supports WCDMA 850/2100 (my carrier uses 850/1900).

I tried using *#*#4636#*#* but this only gives me the option to switch between Japanese, USA and cellular bands and does not allow me to distinguish between individual bands.

I've tried googling this and no help has come up yet.

I'm currently on Purity 4.4.4 and Hell's Core.

21st December 2014, 09:49 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have the same issue. Traveling in India, and my US-bought Nexus 4 seems stuck on US frequencies. My coverage and signal strength are terrible and the phone can't hold a connection. I want to switch it to Indian frequencies.

I tried using an app called Radio Switcher which is just a friendlier way of accessing the hidden menu. However, under Select Radio Band, it only shows USA and Japanese bands, not Euro or Asia.

Running CyanogenMod 10.2.0-mako.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread