Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] CM based rom with PIE

OP deepayanneogi

22nd May 2014, 02:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 92

486 posts
More
Hi guys, long time loyal PA user and tired of waiting for them to merge ThemeManager, want to switch to any CM based rom which has PIE functionality and properly updated.

Is there any such ROM out there? Original CM will not support PIE ever, so anyone ported PA PIE to CM ?
22nd May 2014, 02:27 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

26 posts
More
you can try nexus 5 experience that is cm based and have slim pie , carbon but i don't know if it is cm based , and the developer of crdroid is working on a port of PIE from cm10.2 for his rom
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeckoo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2014, 03:41 AM   |  #3  
Flag Saudi Arabia
Thanks Meter: 742

2,310 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeckoo

you can try nexus 5 experience that is cm based and have slim pie , carbon but i don't know if it is cm based , and the developer of crdroid is working on a port of PIE from cm10.2 for his rom

Carbon does have PIE, but it's AOSP.
The Following User Says Thank You to Marvlesz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2014, 04:15 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad

486 posts
More
actually looking for a cm based rom because of theme manager, PA has no indication of including theme support.
Also if pie is there then it will be better, else might have to flash proper cm nightly

Sent from my Nexus 4
22nd May 2014, 05:12 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 174

752 posts
More
have you tried the app?, its pretty good

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2454531
23rd May 2014, 10:55 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 984

1,412 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepayanneogi

actually looking for a cm based rom because of theme manager, PA has no indication of including theme support.
Also if pie is there then it will be better, else might have to flash proper cm nightly

Sent from my Nexus 4

Liquidsmooth has pie and has theme manager. The new one..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
23rd May 2014, 06:57 PM   |  #7  
Flag Bismarck, ND
Thanks Meter: 595

1,908 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepayanneogi

Hi guys, long time loyal PA user and tired of waiting for them to merge ThemeManager, want to switch to any CM based rom which has PIE functionality and properly updated.

Is there any such ROM out there? Original CM will not support PIE ever, so anyone ported PA PIE to CM ?

Beanstalk is amazing, and has Pie, Halo, multiwindow, immersive mode, Xposed baked in, and about every other feature you can imagine... It is CM based as well... Combine it with Hells-Core kernel and PA Gapps and it is rock solid, actually even with the stock kernel it is very good. I suggest it very highly.

You won't see many updates though, maybe 4-8 per year on average, this ROM is rock solid and extremely feature packed, when updates to come out they just work though, many ROMs basically use updates like a beta program, not Beanstalk. I don't know if it has the new or old theme manager, I don't use themes so I can't tell you... but it does have a theme manager.
Last edited by acejavelin; 23rd May 2014 at 07:00 PM.
23rd May 2014, 07:20 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad

486 posts
More
Thanks for the suggestions guys, just clean CM latest and it's quite good till now, I feel there is slight performance hit from PA but I will take that. CM has expanded desktop so no need of PIE any more. Was tired of PA, they still haven't managed to incorporate hybrid let alone theme manager.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread