cyanogenmod M6 All-F2FS

Search This thread

Moon2

Aug 8, 2010
Can anyone upload a modified M6 that supports all-f2fs? thanks!

As per the how-to from here

Change the following from the updater script
Code:
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "0", "/system"); mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "/system");

to:

Code:
run_program("/sbin/mkfs.f2fs", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system"); run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/system");

and then flash one of jolinard's kernel shown in his sig, maybe the modded ak kernel for example.

Provided you've already formatted data and all before and you were on a f2fs rom.

joefso

Aug 2, 2007
As per the how-to from here

Change the following from the updater script
Code:
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "0", "/system"); mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "/system");

to:

Code:
run_program("/sbin/mkfs.f2fs", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system"); run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/system");

and then flash one of jolinard's kernel shown in his sig, maybe the modded ak kernel for example.

Provided you've already formatted data and all before and you were on a f2fs rom.

Hi yes, I tested that work arround and the boot.img provided in the thread by Konstantinos is not working ( untested ) . NABENDU1 updated his script but his patch is not working, also reported by other users

Moon2

Aug 8, 2010
Hi yes, I tested that work arround and the boot.img provided in the thread by Konstantinos is not working ( untested ) . NABENDU1 updated his script but his patch is not working, also reported by other users

No, do not use the boot.img, only change the updater script then install the kernel, skip out on the img file.

Tested on latest cm11 nightly with "AK.237.EXODUS.MAKO.CM-F2FS-auto.zip" kernel.

I just skimmed through it but I believe jolinard's kernel automatically updates the fstab in the boot.img depending on the system partition format. And with you changing the updater script to format to f2fs rather than ext4, the fstab will be changed for f2fs rather than ext4 when you flash the kernel straight after.

Also works on "Nexus 5 Experience - CM11 Based" rom

Last edited:
Reactions: diogo.sena

joefso

Aug 2, 2007
No, do not use the boot.img, only change the updater script then install the kernel, skip out on the img file.

Tested on latest cm11 nightly with "AK.237.EXODUS.MAKO.CM-F2FS-auto.zip" kernel.

I just skimmed through it but I believe jolinard's kernel automatically updates the fstab in the boot.img depending on the system partition format. And with you changing the updater script to format to f2fs rather than ext4, the fstab will be changed for f2fs rather than ext4 when you flash the kernel straight after.

Yes that works but /data get´s mounted as ext4 according to diskinfo (yes wiped data after flashking AK). I did this installation after I flashed stock, rooted etc.. . I tried this twice to make sure I did not make a mistake. If I go into TWRP and format data again the device gets stuck at the google logo

Last edited:

Moon2

Aug 8, 2010
Yes that works but /data get´s mounted as ext4 according to diskinfo (yes wiped data after flashking AK). I did this installation after I flashed stock, rooted etc.. . I tried this twice to make sure I did not make a mistake. If I go into TWRP and format data again the device gets stuck at the google logo

Mounts as f2fs for me - see attachments. Did your twrp install have a red back button?

Last edited:

Moon2

Aug 8, 2010
Hmm, strange. Yes it does, going to try again

Install one of the working f2fs roms as normal and check diskinfo for system and data and upload the pics here then give me a few mins, I'm uploading a cm build.

Do it exactly as I say and don't make any changes to the method.

Moon2

Aug 8, 2010

First, make sure that your data is already f2fs using another rom - don't need to do this, but just in case you'll know if you've done something wrong first.

I've tested this again and again and it works fine - no fcs and definitely changes to f2fs. I've attached diskinfo details for /system and userdata partitions for a clean install.

Assuming you've already formatted data to f2fs and installed the required twrp as per here.

Do not restart until you've finished

1) Install cm build from here:
2) Install gapps - Optional ( leave any other zips you want to install for after you've verified this works)
3) Install attached ak kernel (It's the latest ak kernel modified by jolinard)
4) Restart

I've tried this a few times just to confirm for you and it definitely works, so if it doesn't recheck your steps from the start.

Attachments

• AK.237.EXODUS.MAKO.CM-F2FS-auto.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Reactions: diogo.sena

Moon2

Aug 8, 2010

Wiping data after flashing ak kernel - doesn't matter - after you've formatted data once you don't ever need to do it again when you're switching between f2fs roms.

Follow the steps I've mentioned in previous post. If it still doesn't work, list all the steps you've done - don't miss anything out.

joefso

Aug 2, 2007
First, make sure that your data is already f2fs using another rom - don't need to do this, but just in case you'll know if you've done something wrong first.

I've tested this again and again and it works fine - no fcs and definitely changes to f2fs. I've attached diskinfo details for /system and userdata partitions for a clean install.

Assuming you've already formatted data to f2fs and installed the required twrp as per here.

2) Install gapps - Optional ( leave any other zips you want to install for after you've verified this works)
4) Restart

I've tried this a few times just to confirm for you and it definitely works, so if it doesn't recheck your steps from the start.

I will be home in a few hours and will report the results. I never flashed a AOSP all f2fs before installing CM (during this installation), before I tried slimwork and PA which worked like a charm

Moon2

Aug 8, 2010
I will be home in a few hours and will report the results. I never flashed a AOSP all f2fs before installing CM (during this installation), before I tried slimwork and PA which worked like a charm

I've mentioned that you don't need to do that at all, I just want to confirm that it changed to f2fs when you flashed other roms.

joefso

Aug 2, 2007
I've mentioned that you don't need to do that at all, I just want to confirm that it changed to f2fs when you flashed other roms.

With Slim everything goes fine, but as soon as I flash the uploaded CM or my own modified M6 it gets stuck at boot, flashed AK kernel after flashing the rom

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-10-15-28-41.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-10-15-28-41.png
    87.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_2014-05-10-15-28-49.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-10-15-28-49.png
    90.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Moon2

Aug 8, 2010
With Slim everything goes fine, but as soon as I flash the uploaded CM or my own modified M6 it gets stuck at boot, flashed AK kernel after flashing the rom

List your steps straight after you installed slim and went to twrp, mention every step you took in a list, don't miss anything out.

joefso

Aug 2, 2007
Got it working, appearently after I hit factory reset and formated data it worked

thanks for the support!

Last edited:

TheKnux

Sep 28, 2011
Akron
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
Noob question: anyone have a full tutorial on how to flash phone to f2fs? I wanna convert my phone and use a rom with f2fs, but I don't want to make any mistakes.

Sent from my 1961 XP-755

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Got it working, appearently after I hit factory reset and formated data it worked

thanks for the support!

What app are you using?

Sent from my 1961 XP-755

Moon2

Aug 8, 2010
Noob question: anyone have a full tutorial on how to flash phone to f2fs? I wanna convert my phone and use a rom with f2fs, but I don't want to make any mistakes.

Sent from my 1961 XP-755

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

ps. np joe.

What app are you using?

Sent from my 1961 XP-755

Follow the steps here: http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/orig-development/recovery-rom-kernel-f2fs-05-04-14-t2706825

It's not an app, it's in twrp recovery, he forgot to do factory reset and format before installing the rom.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

4) Restart

The only kernels that are working with CM 11 are AK and hellsdoctor atm. Booting the other f2fs kernels will cause the device to get stuck at boot
    The only kernels that are working with CM 11 are AK and hellsdoctor atm. Booting the other f2fs kernels will cause the device to get stuck at boot

Other f2fs kernels work just fine, but only after flashing one of these kernels you mentioned first and flashing other kernels right after that. Tested with moob. I've notified the developer of moob about this, maybe he can shed some light onto it.