Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,857 Members 45,077 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No data at all during call -- T-Mobile or wi-fi

Tip us?

SteveRiley
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Default No data at all during call -- T-Mobile or wi-fi

Searching revealed this post about a lack of simultaneous voice and (mobile) data on AT&T, but the thread has been idle since June 2013 and it doesn't exactly match my problem.

I have recently begun to notice that I have no data during phone calls. Curiously, this is even when the phone is connected to wi-fi. I noticed it a month ago, when after a few minutes into a call, the Line messaging app raised a notification that it had no connection. Sure enough, I couldn't do anything online until I ended the call. Then I tested mobile data, and noticed the same problem.

The first time I noticed this problem, I was running PSX version 2 ROM, Hells-Core b43 kernel, and the hybrid 33/84 radio. Now I'm running OmniROM (with its kernel) and the 98 radio, yet the problem persists.

Any pointers to how I can fix this? Or is it a problem that everyone's had to learn to deal with -- and I'm just late noticing it?

xSharpi
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I didn't have this problem for a good I'd say until I started flashing. Well sometimes I get data and sometimes I don't. The only thing I have is the Hybrid 4G Radio .98 and Stock ROM with Xposed. It might be with the APN's but I haven't tried myself. Also in a call you said that Wi-Fi doesn't give you data? Which is odd, when I don't have data in a phone call I switch to Wi-Fi and I'm good to go.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

SteveRiley
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Had an opportunity to experiment during a long conference call today. The phone was connected to wi-fi the entire time. I had intermittent data throughout the call. Sometimes I could surf web pages. Other times I could not. Every few minutes the phone switched from having data to having no data. This is all very weird! FWIW, I'm using the epc.tmobile.com APN.