No data at all during call -- T-Mobile or wi-fi

OP SteveRiley

18th March 2014, 07:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA, USA
Thanks Meter: 50

200 posts
More
Searching revealed this post about a lack of simultaneous voice and (mobile) data on AT&T, but the thread has been idle since June 2013 and it doesn't exactly match my problem.

I have recently begun to notice that I have no data during phone calls. Curiously, this is even when the phone is connected to wi-fi. I noticed it a month ago, when after a few minutes into a call, the Line messaging app raised a notification that it had no connection. Sure enough, I couldn't do anything online until I ended the call. Then I tested mobile data, and noticed the same problem.

The first time I noticed this problem, I was running PSX version 2 ROM, Hells-Core b43 kernel, and the hybrid 33/84 radio. Now I'm running OmniROM (with its kernel) and the 98 radio, yet the problem persists.

Any pointers to how I can fix this? Or is it a problem that everyone's had to learn to deal with -- and I'm just late noticing it?
19th March 2014, 12:02 PM   |  #2  
San Diego
Thanks Meter: 9

109 posts
I didn't have this problem for a good I'd say until I started flashing. Well sometimes I get data and sometimes I don't. The only thing I have is the Hybrid 4G Radio .98 and Stock ROM with Xposed. It might be with the APN's but I haven't tried myself. Also in a call you said that Wi-Fi doesn't give you data? Which is odd, when I don't have data in a phone call I switch to Wi-Fi and I'm good to go.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
19th March 2014, 10:34 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA, USA
Thanks Meter: 50

200 posts
More
Had an opportunity to experiment during a long conference call today. The phone was connected to wi-fi the entire time. I had intermittent data throughout the call. Sometimes I could surf web pages. Other times I could not. Every few minutes the phone switched from having data to having no data. This is all very weird! FWIW, I'm using the epc.tmobile.com APN.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread