Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,156 Members 46,330 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 4 will not connect to PC and stuck in bootloop NEED HELP

Tip us?

jpe123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Nexus 4 will not connect to PC and stuck in bootloop NEED HELP

okay so ive just rooted the device (nexus 4) running 4.4 kitkat and i had downloaded beanstalk and all the needed files to my computer, and followed this guide and wiped my cache, dalvik, and factory reset from TWRP recovery mode. i plug my phone into my laptop to install the ROM folders onto my phone and the laptop makes a noise meaning the phone is plugged in but the device is nowhere to be found in file explorer

i try to restart the nexus 4 to try with USB debugging on but it turns out it just keeps bootloop. so what can i do

please HELP??

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3069
Do you have a nandroid backup? Always have one. Boot into recovery and flash it. If you don't, shame on you, you're going to have to get your pc to recognize your device when booted into recovery and push your rom onto, or sideload the rom

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

cr1_1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Don't know if this addresses your specific problem but:
1. If you boot your phone into recovery, or just leave it at the bootloader screen, the Nexus 4 will not be displayed in Windows File Explorer. Only when it is booted to a full system will Windows recognize it.
2. Nevertheless, if you hear a tone from your PC that indicates your phone is connected to the USB port, then you can open a command window on the PC and start flashing your system images via fastboot commands.
3. follow the useful guide here (it is for a nexus 5 specifically. just substitute the appropriate Nexus 4 mako factory image)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...image-t2513701