Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,798 Members 39,519 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No deep sleep with Hotmail

Tip us?
 
Michelechele
Old
#1  
Michelechele's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 39
Join Date: Mar 2012
Default No deep sleep with Hotmail

Guys after installing the 21.02 update of the official hotmail app My N4 don't go in deep sleep if I have push notification active in it. Do you have the same problem?
Anyone with the apk of previous version?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
Hit thanks if this helped you.

Owned:
Apple Iphone 3gs
Samsung Galaxy S2
Sony Xperia U

And Now I Own the TOP...
Nexus 4
 
Sfkn2
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 68
Posts: 909
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco
I had that issue with the hotmail app and ended up doing some research on this a little while ago. Now I have the stock Android email app configured to Hotmail's active exchange server for push mail. 2 weeks in, no issues.
 
scream4cheese
Old
#3  
scream4cheese's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 853
Posts: 2,991
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelechele View Post
Guys after installing the 21.02 update of the official hotmail app My N4 don't go in deep sleep if I have push notification active in it. Do you have the same problem?
Anyone with the apk of previous version?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
Download this app and you're good to go!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Z3JlZW5pZnkiXQ..
My Devices

LG Nexus 5 16GB
HTC One M8 GPE 32GB
Asus Nexus 7 (2013) 16GB


 
weinerschnitzelboy
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jul 2011
Default Push Hotmail

If you want push Hotmail, I highly recommend you use the stock android email app. Open the stock email app, start a new account, enter your Hot mail account and password, but instead clicking next, click Manual Setup. Click exchange. In the Domain/username tap there and put your full email a dress it it. Make sure to retain the slash before it. Keep the password section the same. For the server, delete the whole thing and enter "m.hotmail.com" scroll all the way down and click next. TADA!! Push hotmail without any third party app.

Note, this works with Hotmail, Live, and Outlook. The email address in the Domain/username accepts @Hot mail, @Live, or @Outlook! The server stays the same though. Google knows how to write their apps properly.
 
Michelechele
Old
(Last edited by Michelechele; 24th February 2013 at 11:30 AM.)
#5  
Michelechele's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 39
Join Date: Mar 2012
Sure Hotmail app has been update but thanks to Microsoft after this problem I have setted up the default email app and is great for hotmail.

I was going to configure it even on gmail but i don't understand why on hotmail it has push notification and with gmail only check in X min.
Btw deleted hotmail app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinerschnitzelboy View Post
If you want push Hotmail, I highly recommend you use the stock android email app. Open the stock email app, start a new account, enter your Hot mail account and password, but instead clicking next, click Manual Setup. Click exchange. In the Domain/username tap there and put your full email a dress it it. Make sure to retain the slash before it. Keep the password section the same. For the server, delete the whole thing and enter "m.hotmail.com" scroll all the way down and click next. TADA!! Push hotmail without any third party app.

Note, this works with Hotmail, Live, and Outlook. The email address in the Domain/username accepts @Hot mail, @Live, or @Outlook! The server stays the same though. Google knows how to write their apps properly.
I'm just using the default configuration that as server has dub-m.hotmail.com. ATM I don's see any problem using dub server. Why do you suggest the manual setup? Is it there any problem that i haven't seen yet?
Hit thanks if this helped you.

Owned:
Apple Iphone 3gs
Samsung Galaxy S2
Sony Xperia U

And Now I Own the TOP...
Nexus 4
 
Sfkn2
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 68
Posts: 909
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelechele View Post
Sure Hotmail app has been update but thanks to Microsoft after this problem I have setted up the default email app and is great for hotmail.

I was going to configure it even on gmail but i don't understand why on hotmail it has push notification and with gmail only check in X min.
Btw deleted hotmail app.



I'm just using the default configuration that as server has dub-m.hotmail.com. ATM I don's see any problem using dub server. Why do you suggest the manual setup? Is it there any problem that i haven't seen yet?

Gmail does not allow push mail with apps anymore. They removed it as of Janurary 30, 2013 - first announced in December 2012. The only app that can do push mail is the Android gmail app, and not even outlook can do it.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Add Timestamps to Xposed Installer Logs with… Xposed!

If talking about the most interesting projects in the last few years, we must … more

Secrecy Goes Open Source, Assures File Encryption

As some of you may remember, a while back we spoke about Secrecy, an effective file … more

[APK] Google News and Weather Gets Material Design Makeover, Minor Maps Updates

Although Google has somewhat gotten out of the habit of their … more

Software Build Automation with Jenkins – XDA Developer TV

Many members of the XDA community come to learn and begin in the exciting … more