XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No deep sleep with Hotmail

Tip us?

Michelechele
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default No deep sleep with Hotmail

Guys after installing the 21.02 update of the official hotmail app My N4 don't go in deep sleep if I have push notification active in it. Do you have the same problem?
Anyone with the apk of previous version?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
Hit thanks if this helped you.

Owned:
Apple Iphone 3gs
Samsung Galaxy S2
Sony Xperia U

And Now I Own the TOP...
Nexus 4

Sfkn2
Old
Thanks Meter 47
I had that issue with the hotmail app and ended up doing some research on this a little while ago. Now I have the stock Android email app configured to Hotmail's active exchange server for push mail. 2 weeks in, no issues.

scream4cheese
Old
Thanks Meter 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelechele View Post
Guys after installing the 21.02 update of the official hotmail app My N4 don't go in deep sleep if I have push notification active in it. Do you have the same problem?
Anyone with the apk of previous version?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
Download this app and you're good to go!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Z3JlZW5pZnkiXQ..
My Devices

LG Nexus 4 8GB
Nokia Lumua 810 8GB
Asus Nexus 7 (2012) 32GB
Asus Nexus 7 (2013) 16GB

weinerschnitzelboy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Push Hotmail

If you want push Hotmail, I highly recommend you use the stock android email app. Open the stock email app, start a new account, enter your Hot mail account and password, but instead clicking next, click Manual Setup. Click exchange. In the Domain/username tap there and put your full email a dress it it. Make sure to retain the slash before it. Keep the password section the same. For the server, delete the whole thing and enter "m.hotmail.com" scroll all the way down and click next. TADA!! Push hotmail without any third party app.

Note, this works with Hotmail, Live, and Outlook. The email address in the Domain/username accepts @Hot mail, @Live, or @Outlook! The server stays the same though. Google knows how to write their apps properly.

Michelechele
Old
(Last edited by Michelechele; 24th February 2013 at 11:30 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Sure Hotmail app has been update but thanks to Microsoft after this problem I have setted up the default email app and is great for hotmail.

I was going to configure it even on gmail but i don't understand why on hotmail it has push notification and with gmail only check in X min.
Btw deleted hotmail app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinerschnitzelboy View Post
If you want push Hotmail, I highly recommend you use the stock android email app. Open the stock email app, start a new account, enter your Hot mail account and password, but instead clicking next, click Manual Setup. Click exchange. In the Domain/username tap there and put your full email a dress it it. Make sure to retain the slash before it. Keep the password section the same. For the server, delete the whole thing and enter "m.hotmail.com" scroll all the way down and click next. TADA!! Push hotmail without any third party app.

Note, this works with Hotmail, Live, and Outlook. The email address in the Domain/username accepts @Hot mail, @Live, or @Outlook! The server stays the same though. Google knows how to write their apps properly.
I'm just using the default configuration that as server has dub-m.hotmail.com. ATM I don's see any problem using dub server. Why do you suggest the manual setup? Is it there any problem that i haven't seen yet?
Hit thanks if this helped you.

Owned:
Apple Iphone 3gs
Samsung Galaxy S2
Sony Xperia U

And Now I Own the TOP...
Nexus 4

Sfkn2
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelechele View Post
Sure Hotmail app has been update but thanks to Microsoft after this problem I have setted up the default email app and is great for hotmail.

I was going to configure it even on gmail but i don't understand why on hotmail it has push notification and with gmail only check in X min.
Btw deleted hotmail app.

I'm just using the default configuration that as server has dub-m.hotmail.com. ATM I don's see any problem using dub server. Why do you suggest the manual setup? Is it there any problem that i haven't seen yet?

Gmail does not allow push mail with apps anymore. They removed it as of Janurary 30, 2013 - first announced in December 2012. The only app that can do push mail is the Android gmail app, and not even outlook can do it.