[Q] Device doesn't turn on except when plugged to power

Tip us?

lantilope
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Device doesn't turn on except when plugged to power

Hi everyone,

I'm running KK 4.4.2 stock on Nexus 4, bootloader locked, unrooted. Never unlocked or rooted it.

It seems my issue started with the latest camera update; when I tried to take a shot with Lens Blur my phone shut down with a spark sound. I could reboot it fine though. I've had the same issue when using the camera in normal mode with the flash on, but I know it's a known bug on N4.

But since today I can't even switch my phone on unless it is plugged to power. I've tried rebooting in safe mode, I'm having the same issue. When it boots it would show the pretty animated logo, and right when the home screen should appear it'd turn off. Again, if plugged in no problem.

I did a factory-reset, no change. Switched back to factory version of camera, no change.

What do you think could be causing this issue? Is it a power or CPU overload of some kind?

Thanks a lot for your help!

lantilope
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lantilope View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm running KK 4.4.2 stock on Nexus 4, bootloader locked, unrooted. Never unlocked or rooted it.

It seems my issue started with the latest camera update; when I tried to take a shot with Lens Blur my phone shut down with a spark sound. I could reboot it fine though. I've had the same issue when using the camera in normal mode with the flash on, but I know it's a known bug on N4.

But since today I can't even switch my phone on unless it is plugged to power. I've tried rebooting in safe mode, I'm having the same issue. When it boots it would show the pretty animated logo, and right when the home screen should appear it'd turn off. Again, if plugged in no problem.

I did a factory-reset, no change. Switched back to factory version of camera, no change.

What do you think could be causing this issue? Is it a power or CPU overload of some kind?

Thanks a lot for your help!
So 139 views and no one knows what's happening? I'll unlock the bootloader and flash the factory image, we'll see what happens. If anyone has an idea, please shoot!

Thanks

DrFredPhD
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Could be a failed battery, reflash to stock first then see.