XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Difference between revision....

Tip us?

sith78
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Difference between revision....

Anyone manage to get the difference between rev10 and rev11?

It is fixing any issue like the speaker buzzing or screen sensibility?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

dralways
Old
Thanks Meter 24
The new revision feels like a whole new phone honestly. The UI is so much smoother and battery life 2 hours screen on better. I don't think we'll see any more huge improvements after this.

mbucks911
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by dralways View Post
The new revision feels like a whole new phone honestly. The UI is so much smoother and battery life 2 hours screen on better. I don't think we'll see any more huge improvements after this.
are you being serious?
The Following User Says Thank You to mbucks911 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nuu~
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Rev 11 here.
Mine has a Buzzing speaker, touchscreen insensitivity, a little clouding on top of the screen, and rattling.

Though, from what I've heard, Rev 11 has a different PCB than Rev 10

nellisere
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Rev11 here (212k) Very very quiet buzzing on earpiece, hardly noticeable, Screen shows no significant signs of "yellowing", squeaky volume rocker, I would agree with the above comment, they probably changed the way they made them so they could make more in a certain time frame, although that's just my own theory.
Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505)
Stock 4.4.2
Three UK (4G)

mk92595
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I don't know what revision mine is but I got it on Dec 31 and its perfect.
Note 3
The Following User Says Thank You to mk92595 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zephiK
Old
Thanks Meter 3268

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk92595 View Post
I don't know what revision mine is but I got it on Dec 31 and its perfect.
You can find out in bootloader mode.
Twitter -- If you actually need to get in contact with me just tweet me rather than PMs its more efficient and I can get back to you faster.

Nexus 5 (D820): Purity | Franco Kernel
Nexus 4 (E960): Purity | Franco Kernel
Older devices: Galaxy Nexus, ASUS TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1

mbucks911
Old
Thanks Meter 76
i have a rev 10 with a nominal cpu no screen yellowing, barely noticeable light bleed, a tiny bit of ear peace buzzing, the normal rattling and a very nice, bright screen. i didnt think it was worth it to RMA because of the buzzing or light bleed, and i wouldnt want to risk having a dimmer yellower screen. are the differences even near what the guy at the top said about the rev 11 being faster and having 2 hours more of screen on time? the battery on my rev 10 has been ok but screen on times have been around 2-3 hours max with only getting like 6 hours total, but it usually makes it through a whole day with like 30% with 1 hours screen on time

zephiK
Old
Thanks Meter 3268

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbucks911 View Post
i have a rev 10 with a nominal cpu no screen yellowing, barely noticeable light bleed, a tiny bit of ear peace buzzing, the normal rattling and a very nice, bright screen. i didnt think it was worth it to RMA because of the buzzing or light bleed, and i wouldnt want to risk having a dimmer yellower screen. are the differences even near what the guy at the top said about the rev 11 being faster and having 2 hours more of screen on time?
Most likely sarcasm. Way too exaggerated
Twitter -- If you actually need to get in contact with me just tweet me rather than PMs its more efficient and I can get back to you faster.

Nexus 5 (D820): Purity | Franco Kernel
Nexus 4 (E960): Purity | Franco Kernel
Older devices: Galaxy Nexus, ASUS TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1

mk92595
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Rev11. Mine is perfect.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Note 3