FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Difference between revision....

111 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By sith78, Senior Member on 5th January 2013, 04:25 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Anyone manage to get the difference between rev10 and rev11?

It is fixing any issue like the speaker buzzing or screen sensibility?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

5th January 2013, 05:17 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
The new revision feels like a whole new phone honestly. The UI is so much smoother and battery life 2 hours screen on better. I don't think we'll see any more huge improvements after this.
5th January 2013, 05:24 PM |#3  
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dralways

The new revision feels like a whole new phone honestly. The UI is so much smoother and battery life 2 hours screen on better. I don't think we'll see any more huge improvements after this.

are you being serious?
The Following User Says Thank You to mbucks911 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th January 2013, 05:29 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Rev 11 here.
Mine has a Buzzing speaker, touchscreen insensitivity, a little clouding on top of the screen, and rattling.

Though, from what I've heard, Rev 11 has a different PCB than Rev 10
5th January 2013, 05:36 PM |#5  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Rev11 here (212k) Very very quiet buzzing on earpiece, hardly noticeable, Screen shows no significant signs of "yellowing", squeaky volume rocker, I would agree with the above comment, they probably changed the way they made them so they could make more in a certain time frame, although that's just my own theory.
5th January 2013, 05:38 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 129

More
I don't know what revision mine is but I got it on Dec 31 and its perfect.
The Following User Says Thank You to mk92595 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th January 2013, 06:00 PM |#7  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 23,245

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk92595

I don't know what revision mine is but I got it on Dec 31 and its perfect.

You can find out in bootloader mode.
5th January 2013, 06:11 PM |#8  
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 76

More
i have a rev 10 with a nominal cpu no screen yellowing, barely noticeable light bleed, a tiny bit of ear peace buzzing, the normal rattling and a very nice, bright screen. i didnt think it was worth it to RMA because of the buzzing or light bleed, and i wouldnt want to risk having a dimmer yellower screen. are the differences even near what the guy at the top said about the rev 11 being faster and having 2 hours more of screen on time? the battery on my rev 10 has been ok but screen on times have been around 2-3 hours max with only getting like 6 hours total, but it usually makes it through a whole day with like 30% with 1 hours screen on time
5th January 2013, 06:12 PM |#9  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 23,245

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbucks911

i have a rev 10 with a nominal cpu no screen yellowing, barely noticeable light bleed, a tiny bit of ear peace buzzing, the normal rattling and a very nice, bright screen. i didnt think it was worth it to RMA because of the buzzing or light bleed, and i wouldnt want to risk having a dimmer yellower screen. are the differences even near what the guy at the top said about the rev 11 being faster and having 2 hours more of screen on time?

Most likely sarcasm. Way too exaggerated
5th January 2013, 06:56 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 129

More
Rev11. Mine is perfect.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
5th January 2013, 07:53 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK

Most likely sarcasm. Way too exaggerated

Absolutely not. I have had 14 different Nexus 4s and am preparing to order a few more. I STRUGGLED to see 4 hours screen on with the rev 10 and usually never made it. The UI was fine but I saw choppiness every so often, especially on Tapatalk. With rev 11 I honestly see about 5 1/2 to 6 hours screen on and Web browsers, tapatalk, etc are much smoother. I have tapatalk set to load 30 posts per page and can load a page and scroll from top to bottom without a single chop, impossible on the rev 10. The improvement is humongous. I'll take a screen shot of my next screen on at the end of the charge.

Now I see why many said they would wait a few months to purchase. This is now a hell of a phone (well was before too) and I can't possibly think of a reason to ever upgrade other than finding a thinner phone with stronger vibrate.

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Also, do not worry about the light bleed unless it's severe. It will gradually dissipate over time which will leave you very happy in the end.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread