FORUMS

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Difference between revision....

5th January 2013, 04:25 PM |#1  
sith78's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Anyone manage to get the difference between rev10 and rev11?

It is fixing any issue like the speaker buzzing or screen sensibility?


Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
 
 
5th January 2013, 05:17 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
The new revision feels like a whole new phone honestly. The UI is so much smoother and battery life 2 hours screen on better. I don't think we'll see any more huge improvements after this.
5th January 2013, 05:24 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 76
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dralways

The new revision feels like a whole new phone honestly. The UI is so much smoother and battery life 2 hours screen on better. I don't think we'll see any more huge improvements after this.

are you being serious?
The Following User Says Thank You to mbucks911 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th January 2013, 05:29 PM |#4  
Nuu~'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 122
 
More
Rev 11 here.
Mine has a Buzzing speaker, touchscreen insensitivity, a little clouding on top of the screen, and rattling.

Though, from what I've heard, Rev 11 has a different PCB than Rev 10
5th January 2013, 05:36 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
Rev11 here (212k) Very very quiet buzzing on earpiece, hardly noticeable, Screen shows no significant signs of "yellowing", squeaky volume rocker, I would agree with the above comment, they probably changed the way they made them so they could make more in a certain time frame, although that's just my own theory.
5th January 2013, 05:38 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 129
 
More
I don't know what revision mine is but I got it on Dec 31 and its perfect.
The Following User Says Thank You to mk92595 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th January 2013, 06:00 PM |#7  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 18,193
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk92595

I don't know what revision mine is but I got it on Dec 31 and its perfect.

You can find out in bootloader mode.
5th January 2013, 06:11 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 76
 
More
i have a rev 10 with a nominal cpu no screen yellowing, barely noticeable light bleed, a tiny bit of ear peace buzzing, the normal rattling and a very nice, bright screen. i didnt think it was worth it to RMA because of the buzzing or light bleed, and i wouldnt want to risk having a dimmer yellower screen. are the differences even near what the guy at the top said about the rev 11 being faster and having 2 hours more of screen on time? the battery on my rev 10 has been ok but screen on times have been around 2-3 hours max with only getting like 6 hours total, but it usually makes it through a whole day with like 30% with 1 hours screen on time
5th January 2013, 06:12 PM |#9  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 18,193
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbucks911

i have a rev 10 with a nominal cpu no screen yellowing, barely noticeable light bleed, a tiny bit of ear peace buzzing, the normal rattling and a very nice, bright screen. i didnt think it was worth it to RMA because of the buzzing or light bleed, and i wouldnt want to risk having a dimmer yellower screen. are the differences even near what the guy at the top said about the rev 11 being faster and having 2 hours more of screen on time?

Most likely sarcasm. Way too exaggerated
5th January 2013, 06:56 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 129
 
More
Rev11. Mine is perfect.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes