Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Any way of disabling CM Welcome screen?

OP Shefczenko

17th July 2014, 10:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Brandıs nad Labem
Thanks Meter: 8

13 posts
More
Hello, as the name of thread suggests I need to bypass CM setup wizard, the problem is that on my N4 the lower half of digitizer is not working due to failed bungee jump from my pocket on to concrete. In AOSP the setup screen can be rotated to landscape so I can hit the Next button/arrow, CM setup however doesn't want to move at all. In previous versions of CM the welcome screen was an .apk file in system/app, In CM 11 I can't find it anymore. If anyone has an idea how to disable it I would be very grateful.
Thanks for any suggestions.
17th July 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,848

27,462 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shefczenko

Hello, as the name of thread suggests I need to bypass CM setup wizard, the problem is that on my N4 the lower half of digitizer is not working due to failed bungee jump from my pocket on to concrete. In AOSP the setup screen can be rotated to landscape so I can hit the Next button/arrow, CM setup however doesn't want to move at all. In previous versions of CM the welcome screen was an .apk file in system/app, In CM 11 I can't find it anymore. If anyone has an idea how to disable it I would be very grateful.
Thanks for any suggestions.

check /system/priv-apps/ for the apk
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th July 2014, 11:09 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Brandıs nad Labem
Thanks Meter: 8

13 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

check /system/priv-apps/ for the apk

I feel like an idiot for completely overlooked the priv-apps folder, CMAccount.apk is there indeed. My N4 is up and running once again.
Many thanks to you good sir.
17th July 2014, 11:15 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,848

27,462 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shefczenko

I feel like an idiot for completely overlooked the priv-apps folder, CMAccount.apk is there indeed. My N4 is up and running once again.
Many thanks to you good sir.

thats alright, many dont know that priv-app is there. i think it was new in kitkat. anyways, glad youre up and running
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread