XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Downgrade 4.4.2 to 4.4?

Tip us?

kmandel
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Downgrade 4.4.2 to 4.4?

Is there a way for me to downgrade my Nexus 4 from 4.4.2 to 4.4 by sideload without wiping my storage?

This is my reason. I had a lot of issues with Bluetooth prior to 4.4 which totally went away in 4.4 running with hybrid 33-97.
Now on 4.4.2 its worse than ever with either 33-97 or 33-8. Bluetooth just dies after a while, it shows "off" in settings and turning it back on just has it toggle back to off in a few seconds. It takes a reboot to get it back.

So I want to go back to 4.4. How can I do this without losing everything. Of course I'm rooted with an unlocked bootloader and CWM recovvery.

zcucurullo
Old
(Last edited by zcucurullo; 13th December 2013 at 08:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmandel View Post
Is there a way for me to downgrade my Nexus 4 from 4.4.2 to 4.4 by sideload without wiping my storage?

This is my reason. I had a lot of issues with Bluetooth prior to 4.4 which totally went away in 4.4 running with hybrid 33-97.
Now on 4.4.2 its worse than ever with either 33-97 or 33-8. Bluetooth just dies after a while, it shows "off" in settings and turning it back on just has it toggle back to off in a few seconds. It takes a reboot to get it back.

So I want to go back to 4.4. How can I do this without losing everything. Of course I'm rooted with an unlocked bootloader and CWM recovvery.
Make your phone sleep in display for 30 min, with the service in the apps (clear cache, service using wifi). Let me know if it last a little bit more.
Message sent from my Nexus 5, or maybe was my Old Alienware, don't remember!!!
I'm a former owner of:
HTC: Inspire, Sensation
MOTOROLA: Atrix 4G
SAMSUNG: GS2 Skyrocket, Galaxy Nexus.
LG: Nexus 4.
SONY: Xperia Z1 user.

Current owner of: LG Nexus 5 and ASUS Nexus 7 (2012).

manpildo
Old
Thanks Meter 457
Download the KRT16S image, open flash-all.bat in a text editor and remove the -w parameter. Then flash the whole image via fastboot. Prior to that do a full backup and save it on your computer just in case something goes wrong, then it will be easy to restore it in working condition.

nairb1
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmandel View Post

I tried this exact scenario yesterday because of issues I was having with email/exchange and I ended up with some strange behavior and apps that would crash every time i tried to open them after flashing back to 4.4 without wiping. Ended up having to wipe everything and start fresh.