Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Dublicate contacts?

OP iko84

18th January 2014, 03:10 AM   |  #1  
iko84's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
108 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
hi pepole! im running kit kat and cant find solution to remove the dublicate contacts. if you know how, please share the answer!
18th January 2014, 03:22 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
do it in your gmail account/contacts.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
18th January 2014, 03:43 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 189
 
489 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by iko84

hi pepole! im running kit kat and cant find solution to remove the dublicate contacts. if you know how, please share the answer!


Download "Go Contacts" it has a feature to remove duplicates, relay fast. Remove duplicates and uninstall 
18th January 2014, 04:37 AM   |  #4  
Berrydroidcafe's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Thanks Meter: 231
 
1,032 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarica

do it in your gmail account/contacts.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Hope he doesn't have the amount of duplicates that I have! :banghead:





Quote:
Originally Posted by ykumar00

Download "Go Contacts" it has a feature to remove duplicates, relay fast. Remove duplicates and uninstall 


It is. I have done this on a few occasions and remarkably, they return. :banghead:

I just deal with it for now.


Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)
18th January 2014, 04:40 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 189
 
489 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrydroidcafe

Hope he doesn't have the amount of duplicates that I have! :banghead:








It is. I have done this on a few occasions and remarkably, they return. :banghead:

I just deal with it for now.


Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)

I think I know what your problem is.
1. Go to settings and turn off contact sync.
2. Go to Google.com/contacts and delete EVERYTHING.
3. Use go contacts to delete duplicates.
4. Turn on sync again.
Done!
The Following User Says Thank You to ykumar00 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th January 2014, 04:43 AM   |  #6  
Berrydroidcafe's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Thanks Meter: 231
 
1,032 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ykumar00

I think I know what your problem is.
1. Go to settings and turn off contact sync.
2. Go to Google.com/contacts and delete EVERYTHING.
3. Use go contacts to delete duplicates.
4. Turn on sync again.
Done!

Believe it or not, that thought occurred to me when I was writing the reply. Sometimes I'm just too lazy to do it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)
18th January 2014, 04:45 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 189
 
489 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrydroidcafe

Believe it or not, that thought occurred to me when I was writing the reply. Sometimes I'm just too lazy to do it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)

You'll have to do it if you want to fix it :P
18th January 2014, 05:09 AM   |  #8  
Berrydroidcafe's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Thanks Meter: 231
 
1,032 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ykumar00

You'll have to do it if you want to fix it :P

That's true, but believe it or not, I've had this issue for at least two years so as you can tell, it's not a high priority. Plus I have done this a few times in the past. I've heard that the best place to do it is on the website, but that way is a lot harder than what has been suggested here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)
18th January 2014, 05:12 AM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 189
 
489 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrydroidcafe

That's true, but believe it or not, I've had this issue for at least two years so as you can tell, it's not a high priority. Plus I have done this a few times in the past. I've heard that the best place to do it is on the website, but that way is a lot harder than what has been suggested here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)

I am telling you to delete all the contacts from a PC. Just select all and press delete. And go contacts is pretty easy too. The full process will take like 15 minutes, that's all.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes