earpiece just died

Search This thread

neok44

May 19, 2009
Florida
So yeah my earpiece just died today for no reason at all, it was working perfectly yesterday.

From doing some research it seems that there is no possible way of fixing it but i'm hoping i'm wrong.

I bought it at release so it's well over a year old now so i doubt i have any warranty on it left if i even have that anymore since i unlocked the bootloader the day i got it.

Just trying to find out if i have to overnight a new phone.

Berrydroidcafe

May 12, 2011
Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
So yeah my earpiece just died today for no reason at all, it was working perfectly yesterday.

From doing some research it seems that there is no possible way of fixing it but i'm hoping i'm wrong.

I bought it at release so it's well over a year old now so i doubt i have any warranty on it left if i even have that anymore since i unlocked the bootloader the day i got it.

Just trying to find out if i have to overnight a new phone.

Return it to stock, call customer service. Read the other day a guy who was way past his warranty got a replacement. Won't hurt to try.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)

neok44

May 19, 2009
Florida
Kinda surprised they even have any N4's left for warranties. guess it's worth a shot. Can't believe something like an update can break the hardware of a phone.