XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Emojis problem on SMS app

Tip us?

Ale_Gnzlz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Info 2 Emojis problem on SMS app

Here's my problem. I have my Nexus 4 on stock rom (just updated to 4.4.2), since y update to 4.4 I can't see emojis on sms apps when I receive a message with an emoji in it, I can just write them. E.x If I send a sms to my gf with them she can see the emoticons in her iphone, but when she reply to me, i can't. I just get symbols or question marks. What can I do? What's the problem.

Btw, the problem is just in sms apps Hangouts and Sms stock app. I can perfectly see color emojis on Instagram and Twitter, my problem is sms app.

tykate
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ale_Gnzlz View Post
Here's my problem. I have my Nexus 4 on stock rom (just updated to 4.4.2), since y update to 4.4 I can't see emojis on sms apps when I receive a message with an emoji in it, I can just write them. E.x If I send a sms to my gf with them she can see the emoticons in her iphone, but when she reply to me, i can't. I just get symbols or question marks. What can I do? What's the problem.

Btw, the problem is just in sms apps Hangouts and Sms stock app. I can perfectly see color emojis on Instagram and Twitter, my problem is sms app.
I think social network apps like those have universal emoticons for all mobile OSes. Since iOS and Android don't use the same emoticons for SMS, they won't appear. I wouldn't think that you would be able to use emoticons like that even before 4.4.2 .

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Free 15 GB at sign up + 5 GB for you + 5 for me

LG Nexus 4 \\ Resurrection Remix® v5.0.9 \\ Arkenstone Silver
HTC HD2 \\ HyperDroid CM7 v6.0.0 \\ Dorimanx 7.3

Italico
Old
Thanks Meter 40
It has happened to me every time, on 4.3, 4.4. and 4.4.1, with every app. But finally I discovered Chomp SMS, which is very good, I'll recommend it for a lot of other features too.