XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't enable encryption on Nexus 4

Tip us?

N00b-un-2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default [Q] Can't enable encryption on Nexus 4

I am running cyanogenmod 10.2 stable on my Nexus 4 and I am trying to enable disk encryption in order to be able to use the stock Email app to access my work email account, which is an ActiveSync Exchange account that enforces disk encryption. I have set up a numerical PIN and then when I try to enable encryption, it flashes a picture of a wireframe android for a second and then reboots without encrypting my phone. any way to fix this? I'd really rather not spend $20 on Touchdown to use a function that my phone supports for free
PHONE
LGE960 Nexus 4
ROM
Cyanogenmod 10.2 Stable/Ubuntu Touch
RECOVERY
TWRP v2.6.3.3
PHONE
Motorola XT894 DROID4
ROM
Cyanogenmod 10.1.3 Milestone
RECOVERY
SafeStrap v3.65
TABLET
B&N BNTV600 Nook HD+
ROM
Cyanogenmod 10.2 Nightlies
RECOVERY
CWM 6.0.3.6

DrFredPhD
Old
(Last edited by DrFredPhD; 1st January 2014 at 04:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 23
Have you tried it on a stock rom? Could be a CM issue. What recovery are you using? AFAIK CWM does not support encryption so try with TWRP too.

There's also a module for xposed framework that bypasses exchange security policies.
The Following User Says Thank You to DrFredPhD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

N00b-un-2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFredPhD View Post
Have you tried it on a stock rom? Could be a CM issue. What recovery are you using? AFAIK CWM does not support encryption so try with TWRP too.

There's also a module for xposed framework that bypasses exchange security policies.
The power and flexibility of Android never ceases to amaze me! Until now, I've only ever used xposed on devices that didn't have custom firmware available like my kids' el-cheapo tablets. I never would have thought to check if you could actually do anything USEFUL with xposed. Thank you so much!!! FINALLY!!! I can get my corporate email in the same place as my 3 other email accounts, and I don't have to use that God awful piece of crapware called Touchdown! Just pure, unadulterated, email connectivity bliss.
PHONE
LGE960 Nexus 4
ROM
Cyanogenmod 10.2 Stable/Ubuntu Touch
RECOVERY
TWRP v2.6.3.3
PHONE
Motorola XT894 DROID4
ROM
Cyanogenmod 10.1.3 Milestone
RECOVERY
SafeStrap v3.65