Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,477 Members 41,193 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Enabling USB Debugging in ROM Over USB on a rooted, unlocked, running CWR

Tip us?

ThePraeceps
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Enabling USB Debugging in ROM Over USB on a rooted, unlocked, running CWR

Hey guys. My phone slipped out my pocket and the digitizer is broken. My phone is rooted, the boot loader is unlocked, and I have it recognised as an ADB Recovery device. I want to enable USB Debugging so I can use androidscreencast to use my phone over my PC so I can set it up to push notifications to my computer and to my pebble(smart watch).

How can I do this. Most of the threads I have found just flat out don't work or stop because of some sort of restriction due to the phone being still locked.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,367
It looks like you need to run some commands in a terminal emulator on your phone. Which in your case is going to be impossible. Why don't you just use adb pull to pull the data off your sdcard?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

ThePraeceps
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
It looks like you need to run some commands in a terminal emulator on your phone. Which in your case is going to be impossible. Why don't you just use adb pull to pull the data off your sdcard?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Don't need any of the stuff - I could just boot in and take it over USB. All I need is to enable USB Debugging to send touch commands in place of my touch screen. Once I have that my pebble can let me use my phone outside of the house and I can send notifications to my PC too.

ThePraeceps
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bump!

Bump!

ThePraeceps
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Anyone? I can't get a new phone for a while.

R-2-D-2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default The biggest Problem ist the Drivers "FOR ALL"problems

You must have all Drivers for it
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePraeceps View Post
Hey guys. My phone slipped out my pocket and the digitizer is broken. My phone is rooted, the boot loader is unlocked, and I have it recognised as an ADB Recovery device. I want to enable USB Debugging so I can use androidscreencast to use my phone over my PC so I can set it up to push notifications to my computer and to my pebble(smart watch).

How can I do this. Most of the threads I have found just flat out don't work or stop because of some sort of restriction due to the phone being still locked.

ThePraeceps
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by R-2-D-2 View Post
You must have all Drivers for it
Drivers are installed for it too, I literally just need to get USB Debugging