Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Can enter bootload but nothing else.

OP TheBluePylon

12th May 2014, 04:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
So recently my phone went into Deep Hibernation so I plugged it into a charger and held down Power, Volume down.

I managed to get into the boot loader screen but only the volume keys are responsive to select options but the power button is unresponsive.

I have no idea on how to start the phone or turn it off anymore, what can I do?
12th May 2014, 05:05 PM   |  #2  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,934
 
11,250 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Is your bootloader unlocked. If it is use fastboot reboot. That should boot your device

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by jd1639; 12th May 2014 at 05:07 PM.
12th May 2014, 05:35 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Well I have no idea if it's in Fastboot or not. Currently the phone is stuck in the mode where there's an arrow pointing towards the power button and 2 white arrows with representation to the volume buttons. I think it's in Fastboot right now but again, the power button isn't working at all to select anything.

I'm not too familiar with these terms. All I know is that I have the phone unlocked and Paranoid Android installed.
12th May 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #4  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,934
 
11,250 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBluePylon

Well I have no idea if it's in Fastboot or not. Currently the phone is stuck in the mode where there's an arrow pointing towards the power button and 2 white arrows with representation to the volume buttons. I think it's in Fastboot right now but again, the power button isn't working at all to select anything.

I'm not too familiar with these terms. All I know is that I have the phone unlocked and Paranoid Android installed.

Sounds like you're in fastboot mode. From a command prompt on your pc and with the usb cable plugged between your phone and the pc, type fastboot reboot. It should boot your device. Hopefully that will clear what ever is causing your power button not to work

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
12th May 2014, 05:52 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Do I need any sort of program to connect a cmd to my phone? As of right now my phone isnt even registered as a device when it's connected to my computer. Mind giving me a step by step?
12th May 2014, 05:59 PM   |  #6  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,934
 
11,250 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBluePylon

Do I need any sort of program to connect a cmd to my phone? As of right now my phone isnt even registered as a device when it's connected to my computer. Mind giving me a step by step?

Try this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48915118
Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th May 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Well I managed to reboot it and get back phone's home screen. Though I still have the issue of the fact that my lock/power button is completely busted and/or unresponsive.

Should I just install an app that will serve as an alternative to the power button? By now my Warranty would've already expired and I would have no way of getting it repaired. Are there checks I can make to see whether or not it's a software or hardware fault?
12th May 2014, 06:28 PM   |  #8  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,934
 
11,250 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBluePylon

Well I managed to reboot it and get back phone's home screen. Though I still have the issue of the fact that my lock/power button is completely busted and/or unresponsive.

Should I just install an app that will serve as an alternative to the power button? By now my Warranty would've already expired and I would have no way of getting it repaired. Are there checks I can make to see whether or not it's a software or hardware fault?

My best guess is it's a hardware issue. A local cell phone repair shop can put in a new power button without a lot of cost.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes