5,594,077 Members 46,621 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I can not enter camera, storage, or connect to a pc.

Tip us?

egasseMneddiH
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default I can not enter camera, storage, or connect to a pc.

After rooting and getting different ROMs. Something happened and I get all these error messages on different things. It is most likely a corrupt file, but when I factory reset, it is still the same. How do I fix this? I factory reset and didn't even restore anything. I am on basically a new phone. I also still have all my app data though.

Berrydroidcafe
Old
Thanks Meter 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by egasseMneddiH View Post
After rooting and getting different ROMs. Something happened and I get all these error messages on different things. It is most likely a corrupt file, but when I factory reset, it is still the same. How do I fix this? I factory reset and didn't even restore anything. I am on basically a new phone. I also still have all my app data though.
You need to do a full wipe, meaning everything (except the sdcard), especially the system.

How are you doing the factory reset btw? If you're doing it via the recovery, you're good to go. After doing the factory reset, go into the advanced wipe section and wipe the system also. If you are using TWRP, you can select system on the first screen after choosing wipe.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)
Blackberry Bold 9780 OS 7
HTC G2 (Desire Z) 4.4.2
LG Nexus 4 4.4.2
Asus Nexus 7 (2013) 4.4.2

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button if I helped in any way!

egasseMneddiH
Old
(Last edited by egasseMneddiH; 19th December 2013 at 11:32 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrydroidcafe View Post
You need to do a full wipe, meaning everything (except the sdcard), especially the system.

How are you doing the factory reset btw? If you're doing it via the recovery, you're good to go. After doing the factory reset, go into the advanced wipe section and wipe the system also. If you are using TWRP, you can select system on the first screen after choosing wipe.

I am using Clockwork. Thank you. Don't think I will do it today though. I have already spent too much time.

Berrydroidcafe
Old
Thanks Meter 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by egasseMneddiH View Post
I am using Clockwork. Thank you.
Since I don't have cwm installed, I'd be doing you a disservice, but try wiping everything from the recovery and try again. Most roms will wipe system and so forth, but not all of them does a good job of it and end up leaving bits and pieces lying around.

Blackberry Bold 9780 OS 7
HTC G2 (Desire Z) 4.4.2
LG Nexus 4 4.4.2
Asus Nexus 7 (2013) 4.4.2

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button if I helped in any way!