Ask a question

No registration required

Erratic ghost touches. Help!!

OP Nexus4Brah

15th July 2014, 04:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I recently got a refurbished Nexus 4 from Google beginning of April. I been having minor issues ever since getting it but i never bother to call them or get them to send me a new one since my warranty was expiring around end of April. So since last week, my phone started having these crazy erratic ghost touches lasting either a few seconds where i'd turn off my screen and it goes back to normal or it would last a good 10-15 minute non stop. I rooted it recently and i tried to do a google support. They suggested factory reset, did that. Re-image the device to original state, also did that. The problem continues and its getting a bit annoying. I noticed the problem starts a lot more frequently when the phone is hot or when the battery is below 50%. Is there anything i can do to make this go away or less frequent? Thanks

Also google suggest i call LG to get them to repair it and have my wallet raided. I prefer not to. Since i feel like they cheated me by giving me a crappy refurbished phone that has hardware issue just like the one i bought from them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-14-20-29-47.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	2851860  
15th July 2014, 08:53 AM   |  #2  
Flag Biella
Thanks Meter: 32

607 posts
More
ghost touches unfortunately are not uncommon. I experienced them as well, then the lower bottom margin of the touch screen went completely dead. If you take a look at this thread, http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-4/help/q-t2810588 you'll notice there's more people on the same boat. There's not much that can be done, it's a hardware fault and probably the screen will need to be replaced.
15th July 2014, 03:53 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashDebug

ghost touches unfortunately are not uncommon. I experienced them as well, then the lower bottom margin of the touch screen went completely dead. If you take a look at this thread, http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-4/help/q-t2810588 you'll notice there's more people on the same boat. There's not much that can be done, it's a hardware fault and probably the screen will need to be replaced.

I did some search on google forum and there was a huge thread on it as well. This problem started to happen more frequently started the 4.4 update for a lot of users. Freaking google offers no help at all :/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread