Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,484 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Erratic ghost touches. Help!!

Tip us?

Nexus4Brah
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Erratic ghost touches. Help!!

I recently got a refurbished Nexus 4 from Google beginning of April. I been having minor issues ever since getting it but i never bother to call them or get them to send me a new one since my warranty was expiring around end of April. So since last week, my phone started having these crazy erratic ghost touches lasting either a few seconds where i'd turn off my screen and it goes back to normal or it would last a good 10-15 minute non stop. I rooted it recently and i tried to do a google support. They suggested factory reset, did that. Re-image the device to original state, also did that. The problem continues and its getting a bit annoying. I noticed the problem starts a lot more frequently when the phone is hot or when the battery is below 50%. Is there anything i can do to make this go away or less frequent? Thanks

Also google suggest i call LG to get them to repair it and have my wallet raided. I prefer not to. Since i feel like they cheated me by giving me a crappy refurbished phone that has hardware issue just like the one i bought from them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-14-20-29-47.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	2851860  

crashDebug
Old
Thanks Meter 31
ghost touches unfortunately are not uncommon. I experienced them as well, then the lower bottom margin of the touch screen went completely dead. If you take a look at this thread, http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-4/help/q-t2810588 you'll notice there's more people on the same boat. There's not much that can be done, it's a hardware fault and probably the screen will need to be replaced.
3210 (still alive and well) > 7110 (sold) > 6600 (sold) > 6600 (sold) > n70 (still alive and well) > hd (sold) > streak (alive but broken) > sensation xe (sold) > nexus S (sold) > desire (sold) > nexus 4 + g pad

Nexus4Brah
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashDebug View Post
ghost touches unfortunately are not uncommon. I experienced them as well, then the lower bottom margin of the touch screen went completely dead. If you take a look at this thread, http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-4/help/q-t2810588 you'll notice there's more people on the same boat. There's not much that can be done, it's a hardware fault and probably the screen will need to be replaced.
I did some search on google forum and there was a huge thread on it as well. This problem started to happen more frequently started the 4.4 update for a lot of users. Freaking google offers no help at all :/