XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

External battery packs

Tip us?

toge64
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default External battery packs

Does anyone have any experience of using external battery packs with the N4?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TeckNet%C2%A...9805415&sr=8-6

Looking at buying this one but not sure if it will work with both my N4 and Galaxy Tab 2 or should I buy a Anker Slimtalk.

Old
Thanks Meter 213
Default Re: External battery packs

I bought the largest capacity anker I could through Amazon and it is amazing. It has 2x usb ports, one for 3A and one for 1.5A. This means you can charge any device basically. If you plug in two devices to charge at the same time they will both charge at 1.5A. With the nexus 4 I can charge it >5 times before the battery pack is dead.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

So I just looked for you. Here's what I bought... [New Version in Nov] AnkerŪ Astro3E 10000mAh Dual 5V 3A USB Output External Battery Pack

Another great thing about this charger is that the cable you use to charge the phone doubles as the cable to charge the battery pack. Saves you carrying around extra crap.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 1234568 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

toge64
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234568 View Post
I bought the largest capacity anker I could through Amazon and it is amazing. It has 2x usb ports, one for 3A and one for 1.5A. This means you can charge any device basically. If you plug in two devices to charge at the same time they will both charge at 1.5A. With the nexus 4 I can charge it >5 times before the battery pack is dead.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

So I just looked for you. Here's what I bought... [New Version in Nov] AnkerŪ Astro3E 10000mAh Dual 5V 3A USB Output External Battery Pack

Another great thing about this charger is that the cable you use to charge the phone doubles as the cable to charge the battery pack. Saves you carrying around extra crap.
thanks

does anyone have any other experiences?

nba1341
Old
(Last edited by nba1341; 3rd February 2013 at 10:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 162
I have used the anker astro slim for about a year previously on sensation 4g now on my Nexus 4. Its great becuase I can plug it in and slip it into my pocket with the Nexus 4. It is easily stored in my car for on the go use and provides just over 1 full charge if I don't use the phone while it charges.
http://www.ianker.com/anker-astro-ex...79UN5V06-BC32A

With that being said I would not purchase it becuase the astro slim2 is supposed to be coming out which has an upgraded 4500mah battery over the 3200mah and is 10mm thick.

Nexus 7 (2013) 16GB: 4.3 rooted
T-Mobile Galaxy S4 16GB: CM 10.2
T-Mobile Note 3 32GB: Stock rooted
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nba1341 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

versd
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I Would definitely suggest getting branded items here, the unbranded stuff from dodgy websites usually don't match the rated capacity. When travelling with the n4 (especially on long flights with stop overs etc, or if you're backpacking), it can be a lifesaver.

rdoliv
Old
Thanks Meter 1

Great tip! That slim2 definitely caught my attention.

Enviado de meu Nexus S usando o Tapatalk 2

xueJ
Old
Thanks Meter 5

So want an ETA.......

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

CaptainCool
Old
(Last edited by CaptainCool; 4th February 2013 at 06:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 34

I bought a mophie juice pack power station before a trip I went on in late August. The one I purchased is 2500mah. I believe they make bigger and smaller ones though. It's roughly the size of half a deck of cards.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007SJZUSI/..._am_us?ie=UTF8

Edit: Forgot to mention that I absolutely love it. It's slim, quick to charge and has a battery gauge on the side so you can see how much battery it has left.

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

theabsurdman
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234568 View Post
I bought the largest capacity anker I could through Amazon and it is amazing. It has 2x usb ports, one for 3A and one for 1.5A. This means you can charge any device basically.
cheers. just bought one of these myself on your recommendation (amazon uk 25.99, free shipping).
i already have a 7000mah tecknet which i'm very happy with but this one with its 3A output should enable me to charge my playbook + n4 simultaneously.

irishtexmex
Old
Thanks Meter 56

Any word on when that'll be released? Where did that rumor come from?