FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Extracted img from 'L' now what?

289 posts
Thanks Meter: 11
 
By zbt1985, Senior Member on 26th June 2014, 07:52 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey all,

I extracted the img file from the dev preview of 'L' from the Hamerhead version.

I'm new at this and it's really cool to explore and see how these things are built. Can I just pull the framework from 4.4.4 and throw it into the img and flash that?

What would it take to be able to flash this? I'm sure I can't, but maybe someone could enlighten me on what goes into this as I'm really interested in learning.


Thanks in advance!
 
 
26th June 2014, 08:08 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbt1985

Hey all,

I extracted the img file from the dev preview of 'L' from the Hamerhead version.

I'm new at this and it's really cool to explore and see how these things are built. Can I just pull the framework from 4.4.4 and throw it into the img and flash that?

What would it take to be able to flash this? I'm sure I can't, but maybe someone could enlighten me on what goes into this as I'm really interested in learning.


Thanks in advance!

Well, there are some guides for porting on XDA. However, since the Android L Source code isn't released yet, you cannot build it from source. So you would need to base it on a Kitkat rom. But since the radio, bootloader and apps from Android L require android L, you cannot just do that.
So a port would need to change drivers, frameworks and some other stuff I don't understand :P. However, some guys already started porting Android L to the Nexus 4, and , no offence, I think they are done much quicker as you (or me). So take a look: http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...6/post53701458
26th June 2014, 08:18 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Vibrant
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brick5492

Well, there are some guides for porting on XDA. However, since the Android L Source code isn't released yet, you cannot build it from source. So you would need to base it on a Kitkat rom. But since the radio, bootloader and apps from Android L require android L, you cannot just do that.
So a port would need to change drivers, frameworks and some other stuff I don't understand :P. However, some guys already started porting Android L to the Nexus 4, and , no offence, I think they are done much quicker as you (or me). So take a look: http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...6/post53701458

Awesome! Thanks man I'll take a look!

I was just exploring, I know I probably couldn't do it, but it's fun to learn!


Thanks for not flaming!
27th June 2014, 12:23 AM |#4  
Berrydroidcafe's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Thanks Meter: 231
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbt1985

Awesome! Thanks man I'll take a look!

I was just exploring, I know I probably couldn't do it, but it's fun to learn!


Thanks for not flaming!

So you thought you would get flamed huh? lol 😂! Actually that speaks volumes.
27th June 2014, 12:25 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Vibrant
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrydroidcafe

So you thought you would get flamed huh? lol 😂! Actually that speaks volumes.

There's a reason I don't really post/go on xda anymore. It's all a bunch of crying flamers who constantly ask for updates and complain when **** doesn't work.


That and the fact that I have a nexus so i'm not flashing roms every week lol
The Following User Says Thank You to zbt1985 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th June 2014, 12:33 AM |#6  
Berrydroidcafe's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Thanks Meter: 231
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbt1985

There's a reason I don't really post/go on xda anymore. It's all a bunch of crying flamers who constantly ask for updates and complain when **** doesn't work.


That and the fact that I have a nexus so i'm not flashing roms every week lol

I'm on here a lot more than usual. I'm between jobs now and at home. Will be changing next week though. One of my biggest pet peeves is those who won't take the time to research stuff before asking/demanding help. Answer is in the OP, but they don't bother to read it. Burns my hide as they say. 😑
The Following User Says Thank You to Berrydroidcafe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th June 2014, 02:24 AM |#7  
jayRokk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rack City
Thanks Meter: 2,237
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrydroidcafe

I'm on here a lot more than usual. I'm between jobs now and at home. Will be changing next week though. One of my biggest pet peeves is those who won't take the time to research stuff before asking/demanding help. Answer is in the OP, but they don't bother to read it. Burns my hide as they say. 😑

+100000000!!!!
Then you get called a douche for telling the person to read...


Sigh..
XDA isn't what it used to be. Just a bunch of spoiled kids.



Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by jayRokk; 28th June 2014 at 10:30 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jayRokk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes