Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,644 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Polar H7 & 4.3

Tip us?

schander
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Polar H7 & 4.3

HI All,
My Nexus 4 was ota to 4.3 last night. This morning I have been trying to get my H7 to pair via bluetooth, given that both the Nexus 4 and H7 support Bluetooth Smart.

Has anyone managed to pair their H7's over bluetooth? If so what did you do and which app did you use.

I think that the H7 is working as it's sending a t31 signal to my polar f6 watch, so i'm assuming that the bluetooth is also switched on, however I no way to verify this, as i don't have another bluetooth smart receiver to check it with.

Thanks
Satpal

braeutig
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Polar H7 can get paired with android 4.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by schander View Post
HI All,
My Nexus 4 was ota to 4.3 last night. This morning I have been trying to get my H7 to pair via bluetooth, given that both the Nexus 4 and H7 support Bluetooth Smart.

Has anyone managed to pair their H7's over bluetooth? If so what did you do and which app did you use.

I think that the H7 is working as it's sending a t31 signal to my polar f6 watch, so i'm assuming that the bluetooth is also switched on, however I no way to verify this, as i don't have another bluetooth smart receiver to check it with.

Thanks
Satpal
I just have tried it also without success. But just take the battery of the H7 short out and you will be able after inserting the battery to get paired. So hardware works fine now, but apps arenīt working yet: edemondo pro, runtastic pro. Does somebody have already an app that works?

camiloarthur
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Same here. I was able to pair after removing the H7 battery and inserting again but is not showing my heart rate.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

raist8
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Same here!

My N4 is able to pair with the H7, but apps don't show my heart rate..

schander
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,
I also tried this and my Nexus 4 was unable to find the H& in the BT pairing menu.

I realised yesterday that my wifes S3 also support BT smart, via smasungs own bt stack. I tried to pair via the normal BT menu but failed. However I download an app called NRF (by Nordic Semi) and managed to pair the device directly from there, so atleast i know that my H7 works. I guess it just matter of time before support is introduced by the various apps.

I wonder if manufacturers like Samsung will provide wrappers for the own BT Smart api's to conform with the Android API v18 (the one with BT Smart)

Thanks
Satpal

Sirbubu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
HI

i tried yesteday to connect the Polar H6 to the Nexus4 using Runtastic app. Didnīt had success i tried to reboot the phone and also released the battery of the polar sensor.
Do you know if thereīs other software which i can use to pair them? Or how bluetoot smart pairing works in general?

Dichdude
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am also unable to pair my Bluetooth Smart heart rate monitor to my Nexus 4.

I am using a 60beat Blue and the device is not detected in either the Bluetooth settings menu or the Runtastic PRO V4.0 App.

When I try and connect to a app 'nRF HRM Demo' (the app 60beat support directed me too to test if the device worked) I get a message pop up "Bluetooth Low Energy isn't supported by your phone " Could other users try this app and let me know if they get the same message before I reply to 60beat?

I am running Android 4.3 (stock factory image and I am not rooted) JWR66V

I am waiting for a reply from Runtastic support to see if this device is compatible with their APP.

I do know my heart rate monitor uses the Transmission frequency of 2.4 GHz maybe this is the problem.

I will reply again once I receive a response from Runtastic as I requested a list of compatible hardware.

It does seem strange that I am unable to find much information about this new feature and how to test it.

FIngers crossed we will be able to definitive rundown of what works and does not work on both the Nexus 4 and Android 4.3

Dichdude
Old
Thanks Meter 0
After having no luck getting a response out of Runtastic I have finally found an App in the store that reads my 60beat cheststrap (released today);

I am unable to post a link to the Play store but search for BLE Heart Rate Monitor

My device still does not show up in the setting menu but at least I know that 4.3 is working with BLE and it's Runtastic's fault that my monitor does not pair with it's APP.

I will reply again once I hear back from Runtastic with there response to this issue.

Let me know if anyone finds any other apps that work with their devices.

Sirbubu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dichdude View Post
After having no luck getting a response out of Runtastic I have finally found an App in the store that reads my 60beat cheststrap (released today);

I am unable to post a link to the Play store but search for BLE Heart Rate Monitor

My device still does not show up in the setting menu but at least I know that 4.3 is working with BLE and it's Runtastic's fault that my monitor does not pair with it's APP.

I will reply again once I hear back from Runtastic with there response to this issue.

Let me know if anyone finds any other apps that work with their devices.
Thanks for that Info with BLE
Will try it also and report if its also working for me

Sirbubu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirbubu View Post
Thanks for that Info with BLE
Will try it also and report if its also working for me

Tested it out BLE is also working for me so its really a Runtastic issue.
I will also write them.

Tags
h7 bluetooth smart 4.3