Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,023 Members 41,275 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Faux kernel, cannot get normal colors with or without Fauxclock

Tip us?
 
Vetal_ca
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default [Q] Faux kernel, cannot get normal colors with or without Fauxclock

Hello,

I am a noob in alternative Kernels

I've got a faux kernel installed from http://faux.romhost.me/mako/kk44/

I've flash it over CM 11. Rebooted (with strange "animation"). Got all screwed up colors (blue<->yelow etc) swapped.

As much as I understand, I should have installed Fauxclock app as a way to pay-off the kernel. I did install, tried to play with gamma from app.

So settings do affect the gamma a bit, but colors remain screwed up regardless. I refreshed, rebooted. No effect. Had to refund it within 15 minutes so I am not stuck with disfunctional phone.

As well as that, I've got some blinking/refresh going on. If I run Juice defender, UI is completely off and looks interlaced

My ultimate goal was to use Faux sound control to use it with CSIpSimple over 3G. Is there a way to fix colors while not using everything else

Yes, I read FAQ (http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...g-cpu-t2008222) Yes, I wiped cache/dalvik cache. Yes, I rebooted. Yes, I reinstalled Gaps. So what is wrong, where is the mistake?

Thank you
 
Vetal_ca
Old
#2  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default Found solution

After long-long research, found a key info.

1. Google - "CAF vs AOSP"
2. Download zip here: http://xtrymind.com/2014/01/franco-f...yanogenmod-11/

I understand, that for some inverted colors, kernel subtypes etc, is something their mom sang as lullaby.

But for me it was totally new info. So point is, Franko, Faux etc - please, put this info to your F.A.Q. There are people who has very different interest and have absolutely no idea about this "very specific details".

Thanks
 
opssemnik
Old
#3  
opssemnik's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 687
Posts: 1,051
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Porto Alegre,Rio Grande Do Sul,Brasil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetal_ca View Post
After long-long research, found a key info.

1. Google - "CAF vs AOSP"
2. Download zip here: http://xtrymind.com/2014/01/franco-f...yanogenmod-11/

I understand, that for some inverted colors, kernel subtypes etc, is something their mom sang as lullaby.

But for me it was totally new info. So point is, Franko, Faux etc - please, put this info to your F.A.Q. There are people who has very different interest and have absolutely no idea about this "very specific details".

Thanks
dude cyanogen already says that, your fault not reading.
also its almost in every thread about rom/kernel problems
there is a caf version of faux on android development....
email - antoniobvg@gmail.com
skype - abui.ss
Nexus 4 / 16gb (broken)
Nexus 5 / D821 / 16gb / ? / ? / ? (not yet)
New Nexus 7 wifi / 32gb - Android L Developer Preview
Galaxy S3 Intl(I9300) - LS KK 3.1 (4.4.4)
 
Vetal_ca
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by opssemnik View Post
dude cyanogen already says that, your fault not reading.
also its almost in every thread about rom/kernel problems
there is a caf version of faux on android development....
Not really,

I started here Voip-Asterisk-3G:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...9#post37421409

Than, Google => Faux Kernel for Nexus 4:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...g-cpu-t2008222

Well, nothing about "Users of Cyanogenmod, please make sure..."

Few hours, instability, wrong colors.... - how many would say, this kernel is total crap - forget it? Instead of finding the solution?
 
opssemnik
Old
#5  
opssemnik's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 687
Posts: 1,051
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Porto Alegre,Rio Grande Do Sul,Brasil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetal_ca View Post
Not really,

I started here Voip-Asterisk-3G:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...9#post37421409

Than, Google => Faux Kernel for Nexus 4:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...g-cpu-t2008222

Well, nothing about "Users of Cyanogenmod, please make sure..."

Few hours, instability, wrong colors.... - how many would say, this kernel is total crap - forget it? Instead of finding the solution?
cm stated while back about caf thing(its common on all krait qualcomm processors)

but faux i can call i was wrong. if you look in jb he states about being aosp based roms only....
but he didnt put for 4.4 so my bad on that one
email - antoniobvg@gmail.com
skype - abui.ss
Nexus 4 / 16gb (broken)
Nexus 5 / D821 / 16gb / ? / ? / ? (not yet)
New Nexus 7 wifi / 32gb - Android L Developer Preview
Galaxy S3 Intl(I9300) - LS KK 3.1 (4.4.4)
The Following User Says Thank You to opssemnik For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes