FORUMS

XeroAsh Theme for CM12

This theme by XDA Senior Member balrajs99 features a black and slate gray UI that gives your phone a … more

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more

Android’s Consistency and The User Experience

This is a site of power users, and it is fair to say that most of us are more … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

4.4.4 OTA update won't install

28th June 2014, 04:59 AM |#1  
AndroidReborn's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 97
 
More
Hi there.
I have a nexus 4,temporarily rooted it with busybox installed and then fully unrooted it using SuperSU. When it was unrooted then I received the OTA and when I tried installing it I received an error during installation. I tried again and yet it failed. Any idea? I'm on stock 4.4.3 rooted now, with stock recovery.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
 
28th June 2014, 05:04 AM |#2  
WinterSoldier's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Heredia
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I'm with the same problem, anyone? D:
28th June 2014, 02:38 PM |#3  
jd1639's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,693
 
Donate to Me
More
You must still have some system files that are modified. The exact failure message would help. You could also use this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53533289
Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
28th June 2014, 04:36 PM |#4  
lolcakes203's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 81
 
More
Yes, you must return your /system partition to stock 4.4.3 before the device can take the 4.4.4 ota.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
28th June 2014, 05:25 PM |#5  
AndroidReborn's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 97
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcakes203

Yes, you must return your /system partition to stock 4.4.3 before the device can take the 4.4.4 ota.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

So what do you recommend?people with twrp and xposed have updated and found no errors. Why is this happening?


Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

You must still have some system files that are modified. The exact failure message would help. You could also use this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53533289
Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app


It just says error. That's it.



Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th June 2014, 05:27 PM |#6  
lolcakes203's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 81
 
More
There must be something else modified, and if there isn't, be on the safe side and flash stock /system anyway. If that still fails, then there is clearly something else wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
28th June 2014, 05:54 PM |#7  
AndroidReborn's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 97
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcakes203

There must be something else modified, and if there isn't, be on the safe side and flash stock /system anyway. If that still fails, then there is clearly something else wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

The only thing I changed was installed busybox on /system/xbin


Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
29th June 2014, 10:45 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Utah
Thanks Meter: 106
 
More
I think there's something else wrong. There's quite a few, including myself that are receiving the same error with the OTA and have never rooted or even unlocked the boot loader. I'm on a Nexus 5 completely stock. I received the 4.4.3 OTA with no issues at all last week, but now after 4 separate attempts at 4.4.4, all 4 times failed. I even did a full system restore and immediately received the system update notification, only to have that one fail too. So whatever is going on has nothing to do with modifying the system because I haven't missed with anything. Unless we have completely different issues. But it doesn't seem like it?
30th June 2014, 02:52 PM |#9  
AndroidReborn's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 97
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikkKeith

I think there's something else wrong. There's quite a few, including myself that are receiving the same error with the OTA and have never rooted or even unlocked the boot loader. I'm on a Nexus 5 completely stock. I received the 4.4.3 OTA with no issues at all last week, but now after 4 separate attempts at 4.4.4, all 4 times failed. I even did a full system restore and immediately received the system update notification, only to have that one fail too. So whatever is going on has nothing to do with modifying the system because I haven't missed with anything. Unless we have completely different issues. But it doesn't seem like it?

You might be onto something. Mind messaging me if you find something? I'll do the same,if I find out something.
The Internet's pretty vast

Edit: check this out. It's spreading.
https://productforums.google.com/for...s/Acsj32C06BEJ

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by AndroidReborn; 30th June 2014 at 02:57 PM.
11th July 2014, 12:15 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Same is the case with me till today.

Do we have a fix for this ?? or I have to stick with 4.4.3 only.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes